Xmega128A4U support?

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I'm still using AVR Studio 4.19 because it works for me and I've only heard tales of woe from those who upgrade to v5 and even v6. I'm doing some development with the Xmega128A4U and noticed the device support for A4Us in 4.19 tops out at the 32A4U. AVR Studio has no problem downloading and verifying my test code (via an AVR One) to a 128A4U if I tell it it's actually a 32A4U, but I'm wondering if I'm going to run into problems when my code exceeds 32KB. Any suggestions? Thanks.

AS4.19 only supports USB Xmegas in asm, IIRC. Am I wrong ? I know I tried upgrading from 4.18 at one time and went back because of asm support only... But which ever it is...so long as the *.h files have all the same goodies, I'd guess the only "problem" would be that the build will show > 100% for anything over 32KB... I don't know what the compiler will do in the case of program memory ( it works ok when > 100% for RAM + ext. RAM ).

I think I have a method that will work in C, in tutorial section. I never had the time to try a true full swing, but soon it looks like I will.

Edit: Yeah asm only, here it is:

https://www.avrfreaks.net/index.p...

1) Studio 4.18 build 716 (SP3)
2) WinAvr 20100110
3) PN, all on Doze XP... For Now
A) Avr Dragon ver. 1
B) Avr MKII ISP, 2009 model
C) MKII JTAGICE ver. 1

Quote:

Am I wrong?

Well Studio only has an assembler so no. But if you are talking about an addon C compiler then surely it depends on which C compiler you are talking about?

As6/6.1 is a much better choice at this stage. Especially with ASF and LUFA integration (6.1).

I was being sloppy (I should've wrote with the Winavr version that I was using, from my sign.), and I also had tried to use Studio 4.18 with Avr_GCC 4.7.x ( but Winavr's MAKE ) and it didn't work for Xmega USBs. So...AS6 now comes with LUFA...I may try AS6 sooner than I thought ( but not now ).

1) Studio 4.18 build 716 (SP3)
2) WinAvr 20100110
3) PN, all on Doze XP... For Now
A) Avr Dragon ver. 1
B) Avr MKII ISP, 2009 model
C) MKII JTAGICE ver. 1