Xmega programming by STK200 via PDI

Go To Last Post
7 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello, friends!

There is a module based on Xmega32D4 and an STK200 programmer (on LPT). The program is AVRDUDE. The problem is that only PDI lines (RESET/PDI + PDI) are connected to the ISP interface header in the module. Is it possible in principle to connect to this interface having an STK200 programmer (RESET / MISO / MOSI / SCK) or will it be necessary to solder wires to the corresponding MC pins? If possible - how to connect correctly?

Thanks!

Surely STK200 pre-dated the launch of Xmega? So it won't have the "smarts" to be able to do PDI.

There are other, cheap, PDI alternatives - I suggest you search out one of those.

STK200 do not have any "smarts" at all :)  But AVRDUDE surely does. Maybe someone tried to connect MISO+MOSI to use it as a PDI data line? The schematics of STK200 allows to do so. 

Welcome!

Alexij wrote:
Maybe someone tried to connect MISO+MOSI to use it as a PDI data line?
Precisely

AVR-ISP-MK2.sch

via AVR-ISP-MK2 - Open Source Hardware Board (Olimex)

"Dare to be naïve." - Buckminster Fuller

Sorry, could not catch an idea :(  Surely I know that there is a lot of devices supporting PDI. But I'm looking for a chance to use the existing most common STK200 programer. 

Alexij wrote:
But I'm looking for a chance to use the existing most common STK200 programer. 
Alternatively, a USBasp modified for PDI :

"Dare to be naïve." - Buckminster Fuller

Well, I've got AVR Dragon. Just the same result.

I suppose that the signature of the device was changed (reflashed).

Is there some way to demand the Atmel Studio to ignore signature missmatch and try to work with the device as if it was a selected one?

Also I've checked that the onboard XTALL is running at 7,3 MHz. 

Attachment(s):