Wiznet812MJ with DynDNS?

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I'm just wondering is it possible to use Wiznet812MJ to configure it so that it can work with DynDNS?

The Wiznet812MJ module (say 192.168.1.2) is within a network which is linked to outside world with a router which has a dynamic IP.

How can I access the Wiznet812MJ module using internet since the router IP is non-static. Can we use DynDNS or something like that?

What I need is I want to use internet to access the Wiznet812MJ. Is that possible?

cs

I'm happy ytd, today, and tmr :)

Hello cs,

It sounds like the '812MJ is behind a router (which probably gets its IP address via DHCP from your ISP). How does the '812MJ get its address? Are you using DHCP with your router or are have you assigned a non-static, private IP (for example, 192.168.1.100).

If you have assigned the '812MJ a fixed, private address, you can set your router up for port forwarding to your '812MJ.

Many routers already support one of the dynamic DNS protocols so your task may be as simple as enabling it. If your router does not, the link below describes the protocol required to update DynDNS.

My guess, though, is you have everything you need.

Good luck,
Michael Jamet

http://www.dyndns.com/developers...

Michael Jamet

To add to what Michael says, if your router itself gets dynamic rather than static IP from your ISP then you may well find that the router itself has the built-in capability to do DynDNS. My old Netgear DG834G had this, though I don't think my current SMC router does.

Quote:

My old Netgear DG834G had this

All DLink routers I have owned has had this. And they support DMZ, essentially placing a device "on the outside of the firewall" and routing incoming requests to it, making it accessible on the Internet as the OP desires.

As of January 15, 2018, Site fix-up work has begun! Now do your part and report any bugs or deficiencies here

No guarantees, but if we don't report problems they won't get much of  a chance to be fixed! Details/discussions at link given just above.

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]