WinAVR and Windows 7

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I am not sure that this is the right place to ask this but based on my searching this looks at least close.
I installed winAVR on my notebook computer but I obviously did something wrong. I think I had WinAVR working correctly at one point on this computer since I installed Windows 7 on it but I am not sure I really tested it.

I have an application that uses make under cygwin which runs fine under XP on my office computer. Cygwin appears to behave itself until the make calls the compiler. avr_gcc crashes with an error message indicating that it tried to terminate in an unsupported way.

I have tried running the make under the command prompt but that fails with a variable error code. I tried setting avr_gcc to XP compatibility but then it would not run due to "access denied".

Any suggestions?
Tom

avr-gcc TMPDIR problem:https://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=40402&highlight=tmpdir

$mkdir ~/tmp
$TMPDIR=~/tmp
$export TMPDIR

Add TMPDIR=~/tmp to your ~/.bash_profile to have it always defined.

That seems to have fixed it ... I did get things to work by converting the make file into a very long winded batch file and that was proving that the compiler was happy.

Thanks
Tom