I bought a bunch of these Opto interruptors for my CNC machine. I looked at the initial rating of 20mA as the current this little guy could pull down.
After looking at page 4 I now see even at 30mA it only can sink 2mA. Not a very robust signal.
Is this part typically just used directly to a micro controller input pin that has an internal pull up?
I don't want to put a micro on every optical switch. I suppose I could add a small mosfet to the board and drive the gate with this thing but I did such a nice job routing all the little boards last night.
I even made a nice little mold to make a molded part that screws right to the machine. I used the little 3 pin servo wires for connectors.
I think I may just use IR led's and photo transistors to make my own parts.