Why is DS1307 suddenly stopped sending data?

Go To Last Post
8 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Guys,
Why is DS1307 suddenly stopped sending data to ATMEGA?
I have two DS1307 and they're giving me same output on LCD "===============....which is empty data, but after I disconnect the power supply and DS1307 battery it resets to 00:00:00.

Does anyone have same experience with me ?
I don't understand it since it happens together on two different boards, is that a problem with DS1307 chip ?

Thanks

The ds1307 is an old and mature chip that has been used in the tens of millions. I would suggest your code or hardware is suspect.

Ok, I'll have a look...could it be the pull up resistor? because it's been working for a weeks and suddenly giving me a strange behaviour....I don't know why, if it's software, since the first time it will not work anyway...and I use two different board, it's atmega 128, but different circuit and board....the strange thing is, they're giving me same error...the code is different too.....weird for me...

What makes you think it is the ds1307? Where is your evidence?

could it be the pull up resistor?
when I pull out the power supply and battery for few moments, it's working again now...
I have no idea what's the main cause of it....

Here we go again..

Let's see what we've got so far. In essence:

bianchi77 wrote:
Why is DS1307 suddenly stopped sending data to ATMEGA?

Kartman wrote:
I would suggest your code or hardware is suspect.

bianchi77 wrote:
Ok, I'll have a look...could it be the pull up resistor?

Kartman wrote:

bianchi77 wrote:
could it be the pull up resistor?

Again, no reaction to reasonable questions/guidance.
Again, shoot-from-the-hip reactions.

I come to the conclusion, based on this and the earlier threads, that for all practical purposes bianchi77 is a troll.

I actually miss Jeckson at this point..

As of January 15, 2018, Site fix-up work has begun! Now do your part and report any bugs or deficiencies here

No guarantees, but if we don't report problems they won't get much of  a chance to be fixed! Details/discussions at link given just above.

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

Kartman wrote:

I don't have any evidence, but if the hardware or software is not working, it will not work for almost couple a weeks showing me a correct time and date...
I don't understand, that's why I'm asking to expert, who knows there's someone with the same experience...if there's no answer or anybody with the same experience...that's ok for me...

take it easy guys...

If you don't have any evidence, then how are we supposed to help you? Do you think we magically resolve problems simply by guessing? If you think it might be pullup resistors, then only you can check them. If the resistors are present and connected, then look elsewhere. There could be a million reasons why it doesnt work - understand that this stuff is complex and that the smallest thing can cause failure. Simply just slapping something together and wishing for the best rarely works as the odds are against you.

Your expectations are unreasonable and your attitude is less than ideal.