Why does I get invalid opcode 0xFFFF at 0x0002 error?

Go To Last Post
7 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I am trying to execute my code in Proteus for ATmega32 but I recieve such an error like : Invalid opcode 0xFFFF at PC=0x0002.

Here is my code running good at Atmel Studio

Attachment(s): 

Contact Proteus support, after all you have paid for this support!

Click Link: Get Free Stock: Retire early! PM for strategy

share.robinhood.com/jamesc3274

What does the Proteus community say about the error?

Jim

I would rather attempt something great and fail, than attempt nothing and succeed - Fortune Cookie

"The critical shortage here is not stuff, but time." - Johan Ekdahl

"If you want a career with a known path - become an undertaker. Dead people don't sue!" - Kartman

"Why is there a "Highway to Hell" and only a "Stairway to Heaven"? A prediction of the expected traffic load?"  - Lee "theusch"

Speak sweetly. It makes your words easier to digest when at a later date you have to eat them ;-)  - Source Unknown

Please Read: Code-of-Conduct

Atmel Studio6.2/AS7, DipTrace, Quartus, MPLAB user

Possible those two jmp commands after jmp reset is the problem?

Jim

I would rather attempt something great and fail, than attempt nothing and succeed - Fortune Cookie

"The critical shortage here is not stuff, but time." - Johan Ekdahl

"If you want a career with a known path - become an undertaker. Dead people don't sue!" - Kartman

"Why is there a "Highway to Hell" and only a "Stairway to Heaven"? A prediction of the expected traffic load?"  - Lee "theusch"

Speak sweetly. It makes your words easier to digest when at a later date you have to eat them ;-)  - Source Unknown

Please Read: Code-of-Conduct

Atmel Studio6.2/AS7, DipTrace, Quartus, MPLAB user

jgmdesign wrote:

I wouldn't think so, as that would be perfectly normal.  And a JMP can never resolve to FFFF

Let's see the listing output of the assembly process, and the .HEX file.  My guess is to look at the build log and find out where the output really is going, that there are not any errors, and that OP is telling Proteus to use the correct file.  As mentioned, Proteus support should be able to help.  Betcha they ask for the same info that I did...

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig.

I've never met a pig I didn't like, as long as you have some salt and pepper.

theusch wrote:

jgmdesign wrote:

I wouldn't think so, as that would be perfectly normal.  And a JMP can never resolve to FFFF

Let's see the listing output of the assembly process, and the .HEX file.  My guess is to look at the build log and find out where the output really is going, that there are not any errors, and that OP is telling Proteus to use the correct file.  As mentioned, Proteus support should be able to help.  Betcha they ask for the same info that I did...

Attachment(s): 

Well, you made it hard on me by only giving the .HEX.  Check it out -- do you see 0xFFFF at address 2?

So check out my other suggestions.  Alternate vector table?

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig.

I've never met a pig I didn't like, as long as you have some salt and pepper.