Where to get some attiny841

Go To Last Post
17 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Guyzz

I have been looking at this little perl.

A T84 but with 2 uarts and 2 16-bit timers
http://www.atmel.com/devices/att...

Does anyone know where i can get some (maybe 5..10) , NOT costing a kazillion in shipping to DK. Meaning no Digikey/Mouser or ....
http://octopart.com/attiny841-ss...

I can't find any on *bay or at my usual EU hobby retailers.

/Bingo

Well i found one on *bay but the price is ridiculous
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MCU-ATTI...

/Bingo

Don't even think of buying anything from that Ebay vendor.

Farnell has stock. http://uk.farnell.com/atmel/attiny841-ssu/mcu-attiny-8kb-16mhz-soic-14/dp/2396716

I would assume that Farnell will serve Denmark, Sweden, ... or any countries in Europe.

If not, I am sure that someone in the UK or Germany could mail them to you.

Whereas I find U.S. companies are a pain, EU companies work just fine. I guess that the converse may be true.

David.

Quote:

Whereas I find U.S. companies are a pain,...

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Atmels distributor search indicates stock at DigiKey as well as Farnell.

(Octopart and FindChips have same results)

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig.

I've never met a pig I didn't like, as long as you have some salt and pepper.

No particular offense to U.S. companies. You just have a longer distance, and they like to use DHL.
European companies will use Royal Mail or other carriers.

If Farnell does not have the stock in Europe, you have to pay extra and wait longer for it to come from Newark.

I would guess that U.S. residents seldom need to get things from Europe. e.g. Newark in U.S. is probably 'bigger' than Farnell in EU.

And UK companies would probably choose the most 'unfriendly' U.S. carrier. Perhaps even DHL !

David.

Hi Bingo,

If you get stuck let me know and I can order some from DigiKey and send them your way.

DigiKey appears to have the T841, in SOIC, in stock at about $1.70 - $1.80 USD each.

I don't know what the minimum order ($ amount) is, or shipping.

JC

Are you sure that it's the only thing you need. :)
Digikey have free shipping from 485 DDK
(use www.digikey.dk)

@sparrow2,

I just looked. Both Denmark and Sweden are in the EU. Norway is not in the EU.

Am I optimistic ?
I just assume that Farnell (and other EU based distributors) would give next-day service to any EU country. And probably two-day service to other European countries.

I know that I have received packets from Farnell's Belgian warehouse within 24 hours.

Of course, Digikey and other U.S. companies are available. This generally means longer time and bigger delivery cost.

And there will be Denmark-based distributors too.

David.

Yes Farnell have next day delivery.(order before 16:00), and it come out of either England or Germany
there are a about 30€ added if it has to come from US

Thanx for the ansvers , but i t seems like an awfull lot of trouble to get a few of those.

The 10..15$ now looks more like $50..$75 , crazy ....

I can get an arduino mini board cheaper than a chip :-(

/Bingo

Go on. Explain.

You can buy 10 for £5.91 + VAT + delivery.

I make that less than $15. And you get it delivered next day.

If you happen to want some other items, the delivery becomes free.

Mind you, whtever you buy via mail order is going to have the 'delivery' as a significant part of the cost of a $10 purchase. And this applies to your Arduino mini board too.

Of course, the Chinese must get some special deals on postage. You can often buy stuff from China at less than the cost of a UK postage stamp.

David.

Farnell DK will only deal with VAT registered companies.
Not optimal for a hobbyist :-(

Else the price is ok , (don't know about shipping).

But it doesn't matter , as i can't buy there.

/Bingo

Are you sure about that ?

Farnell UK will deal with anyone. In fact, it might be worth your while to buy from UK or Germany.
Surely all they worry about is that your credit card is good!

But I take your point. When the ATtiny1634 came out, it was only available from the U.S. So I had to concoct a 'big enough' order from Mouser to cope with the 'delivery' to UK.

Likewise, I want to try out some Nucleo boards. But I will wait until I have some other items in the order. Mind you, it is not the end of the world to pay the 'minimum delivery charge'.

David.

Farnell Sweden has this:

Quote:
Farnell handlar endast med företag med giltig organisationsnummer, och alla inköp betalas via faktura.

which translates to something like
Quote:
Farnell trades only with companies with a valid business organization number, and all purchases are invoiced

I haven't checked but I assume that Bingo sees something similar on the Danish site.

Don't assume everything always is as hobbyist-friendly in small(ish) countries as it is in e.g. UK or the US.

As of January 15, 2018, Site fix-up work has begun! Now do your part and report any bugs or deficiencies here

No guarantees, but if we don't report problems they won't get much of  a chance to be fixed! Details/discussions at link given just above.

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

This would certainly explain why hobbyists don't use Farnell.

I would certainly phone Farnell DK or Farnell Sweden and ask them.

After all, they are getting your money up-front as opposed to business accounts that are using their suppliers for credit.

I certainly would not want to give Johan credit without any business references. But I am sure that Johan's credit card is 100% kosher.

I can remember buying individual transistors from RCA UK as a schoolboy in the 1960s. They arrived in the post. A separate invoice arrived later. I paid with a cheque. (or it might have been a postal order)

i.e. there was a lot of trust in human nature in those days.

Nowadays, a distributor can charge a credit card electronically before dispatching the goods. Zero risk to them.

David.

p.s. when I was in business, I prefered to deal with other businesses. but a Distributor is only a big shop. your money is as good as mine.

From the Farnell UK website:

Quote:
Credit Control Trade Accounts FAQ’s – UK only

Q. Who can apply for a credit account with Farnell element14?
A. Businesses, government organisations & charities can apply for an account. Although we don’t offer credit to individuals, you can still buy from us either at uk.farnell.com or by calling us on 08447 11 11 11.

Perhaps stupid but can't you get a couple as samples from Atmel?
I will need to order from Farnell sometime next week so PM me if you need me to add something?

sparrow2 wrote:

I will need to order from Farnell sometime next week so PM me if you need me to add something?

PM Sent :-)

Thanx Sparrow2

/Bingo