What happened with winavr rc 20080402?

Go To Last Post
10 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi!

I downloaded this version couple weeks ago, but when I try it to download again today, it seam it's missing?

I beleive there is some problems, but when this will be avalable as full product?

Should I back to previous version?

This version contained some major bugs. I guess Eric will release a new distribution soon.

Regards
Sebastian

Yes, I'm still working on all the various issues. Please don't use 20080402. I'm hoping to get a release out by the end of this week.

Quote:

Yes, I'm still working on all the various issues. Please don't use 20080402. I'm hoping to get a release out by the end of this week.

How bad are the issues? I'm working on said version with the AT90USB1287 -- anything pressing with that model which requires a downgrade?

- Dean :twisted:

Make Atmel Studio better with my free extensions. Open source and feedback welcome!

You should better not use an unpatched 4.3.0. If you multiply an integer > 16 bits by a constant, the result will likely be incorrect.

Quote:

You should better not use an unpatched 4.3.0. If you multiply an integer > 16 bits by a constant, the result will likely be incorrect.

Righty-ho, switched back to the last 2007 distribution. Cheers.

- Dean :twisted:

Make Atmel Studio better with my free extensions. Open source and feedback welcome!

Yeah, there are some problems with the compiler generating wrong code. Luckily, all the bugs are getting fixed. I'm going down my list...

I shift+del this installation.

Back to old one.

Eric, can you consider to put new version of programmers notepad in next WinAvr release?

Current version is kinda old (as remember it's 2.0.7.766, and now is 2.0.8.718). There are some improvements in new version.

Regards!

I noticed there was some odd behavior with 20080402 and reverted to the previous one. But before I did, I dragged a copy of the newer avr-objdump.exe which deals properly with CR-LFs in the source.