What application can be used for atmega328p with adc and counter?

Go To Last Post
12 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I'm new in atmel.. just learning the basic one, so i got task to make a project based on atmega328p with 10-bit adc,usart and timer/counter... can someone help me show what project should i make, a simple one.. i use atmel studio 7.0, so, I should use basic assembly languange.. arduino uno for hardware and some led, ldr and servo for input output.... including the code and the circuit board layout... thank you

Last Edited: Fri. Jan 11, 2019 - 01:54 AM

You’ve got the power of the interwebs at your fingertips but yet you could not find any projects that meet your requirements?

i did find some, but i just been introduced to atmel not too long ago... but suddenly i got to finish this project with just 2,3 weeks knowledge..  I'm still learning and referring to other sites as we speak right now. i read all of them,maybe, but still could not understand all of it.. no teacher to guide me.. and yet the project due date is before this monday

I suggest making a Morse Code encoder/decoder.  It doesn't require any more hardware besides a push-switch.  This project would take the Morse code that you enter by pressing the push-switch and putting the correct ASCII letters for the entered dits and dashes on a serial terminal display.  Then it flashes on the Arduino LED (D13) in Morse Code any characters that the user enters from the serial terminal.

Atmel uses a Morse code program for its demo on the XPRESS development boards.  You can download the source code from the Microchip website and adapt it.

Sulaiman wrote:
so, I should use basic assembly languange..

If that is the only language you know then yes, but many of us use C.

Sulaiman wrote:
but suddenly i got to finish this project with just 2,3 weeks knowledge..

School project?

Jim

I would rather attempt something great and fail, than attempt nothing and succeed - Fortune Cookie

"The critical shortage here is not stuff, but time." - Johan Ekdahl

"Step N is required before you can do step N+1!" - ka7ehk

"If you want a career with a known path - become an undertaker. Dead people don't sue!" - Kartman

"Why is there a "Highway to Hell" and only a "Stairway to Heaven"? A prediction of the expected traffic load?"  - Lee "theusch"

Speak sweetly. It makes your words easier to digest when at a later date you have to eat them ;-)  - Source Unknown

Please Read: Code-of-Conduct

Atmel Studio6.2/AS7, DipTrace, Quartus, MPLAB, RSLogix user

Use the timer to trigger the ADC. Use the USART to send ADC values to a terminal. Suddenly, you have a crude voltmeter. Input is limited to the range of ZERO to SUPPLYVOLTAGE and you may want to do some input things like an input resistor, or extra overvoltage protection diodes, but that is about all it takes. Maybe add an input attenuator to give it a bigger voltage range.

Plenty challenging for a newbie and it is just extensive enough to give you a feel of working with registers and interrupts.

Jim

Jim Wagner Oregon Research Electronics, Consulting Div. Tangent, OR, USA http://www.orelectronics.net

Last Edited: Fri. Jan 11, 2019 - 03:05 AM

Sulaiman wrote:
i use atmel studio 7.0, so, I should use basic assembly languange
That seems like a non-sequitur. What is it about using AS7 that makes you think that assembly is the only option? AS7 comes with both C and C++ compilers for AVR as well as the two assemblers.

Sulaiman wrote:
I'm new in atmel.. just learning the basic one, so i got task to make a project based on atmega328p

Isn't this what the Arduino environment was made for, should be LOTS of Arduino projects you can copy and learn from, and should not take more then a day or two.

Jim

Click Link: Get Free Stock: Retire early! PM for strategy

share.robinhood.com/jamesc3274
get $5 free gold/silver https://www.onegold.com/join/713...

no... they want assembly only.. i can manage the c and c++.. but this time, there is no exception.. which is suck, with due date already around the corner..

Sulaiman wrote:

...can someone help me show what project should i make, a simple one...

So what are YOU  interested in? Photography? Music? Sports? Gaming? It's always more fun, and motivating, to work on a project you have an interest in.

#1 This forum helps those that help themselves

#2 All grounds are not created equal

#3 How have you proved that your chip is running at xxMHz?

#4 "If you think you need floating point to solve the problem then you don't understand the problem. If you really do need floating point then you have a problem you do not understand." - Heater's ex-boss

I always think an LCD alarm can make a fun first project (only don't rely on it to get you up for work/school!)

A clock involves timers, LCD driving and IO buttons. You might want to get the LCD stuff from www.avrbeginners.net

Sulaiman wrote:
no... they want assembly only.. i can manage the c and c++.. but this time, there is no exception..

So, write it in C and submit the compilers dissasembly.  Just make sure you add appropriate comments.

Sulaiman wrote:
with due date already around the corner..

Did you maybe sleep too long in class and now just wake up? wink

Jim

I would rather attempt something great and fail, than attempt nothing and succeed - Fortune Cookie

"The critical shortage here is not stuff, but time." - Johan Ekdahl

"Step N is required before you can do step N+1!" - ka7ehk

"If you want a career with a known path - become an undertaker. Dead people don't sue!" - Kartman

"Why is there a "Highway to Hell" and only a "Stairway to Heaven"? A prediction of the expected traffic load?"  - Lee "theusch"

Speak sweetly. It makes your words easier to digest when at a later date you have to eat them ;-)  - Source Unknown

Please Read: Code-of-Conduct

Atmel Studio6.2/AS7, DipTrace, Quartus, MPLAB, RSLogix user