What 230V/10A controller project

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi,

I need to build a heater controller. I'm too lazy to design everything from scratch. Do you know any AVR based project of regulator that can handle 10A/230V of inductive load? In fact I'm interested only in power section, so it can be any type of dimmer, AC motor controller and so on.
I did initial search, but can't find anything useful for me.

AC, right? On/Off or proportional control?

Jim

Until Black Lives Matter, we do not have "All Lives Matter"!

Just use a standard 10 to 20 Ampere Solid State Relay (SSR) and a $100.00 Omron or Mitsubishi temperature controller in a 1/6-DIN mount. I think even Omega Engineering and Dwyer make some very small and inexpensive temperature controllers.

As for the SSR, 10 Ampere devices can be had for about $25.00, while the 20 and 50 Ampere modules will run you considerably more money.

I think that, for the little money you'd spend on "Off The Shelf " components, it would be much more in time and effort and expense to design your own from scratch.

You can avoid reality, for a while.  But you can't avoid the consequences of reality! - C.W. Livingston

It's seems I design everything from scratch. I would prefer to buy something off the shelf but hope I do not spend too much time on AVR+triac and DS18B20 design.