I'm using a SAME54 Xplained pro board and I'm trying to develop connectivity via USB to pass MIDI data.
The SAM board is the device and the PC the Host. My goal was to enumerate my device and use the windows default MIDI driver to communicate with the PC.
I haven't found any example on Start for ASF4 for this purpose, so I decided to start from Vendor class middleware and from there I have in fact managed to correctly enumerate my Device and properly load on Windows the correct driver which appear correctly configured after the enumeration.
I have also checked the enumeration activities through a protocol analyzer where I correctly see:
1) attachment of the device to the bus
2) set address request
3) get device descriptor, get configuration descriptor, get interface descriptor
4) set interface descriptor
In this last request I clearly see my device correctly setting the proper interface number (mididstreaming with jack in and jack out and bulk endpoints).
But here I stuck.
I can send from the pc a midi message that I see correctly set inside the protocol analyzer but:
1) no answer from the device
2) the midi driver seems frozen, if I try to send a second message from the pc or if I try to detouch the windows midi driver from the application I use to send the message inside the pc everything is simply blocked
3) I can't get any callback inside the device from the bulk out endpoint
I'm frustrated cause I feel I'm very close to the job done but after having tried many experiments I really feel I'm running out of ideas
An additional info is that in the USB register EPINTFLAG of the bulk EP, I see flagged the bit TRFAIL1 that should indicate that something goes wrong...
Should anyone have any idea that would really be appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance,