Unable to upgrade AT-ZB-A2 by SerialNet_Rf230.srec

Go To Last Post
7 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I have ZigBit Modules from Meshnetics and I am using SerialNet SW. With SerialNet v. 1_8.srec working fine. When I want try upgrade firmware by SerialNet_Rf230.srec, it is started, but before end open error window " Module can't be uploaded". When I tried make the same operation with firmware Serialnet_1_8.srec everything was fine. SerialNet_Rf230.srec I have dowloaded from Atmel Web. (BitCloud SDK for ZigBit/ZigBit Amp/ZigBit 900 modules and RCBs
(76 MB, revision 1.11.0, updated 3/11)

My module is ZigBit A2 - 2.4GHz (ATZB-24-A2)

Any advice?
Is my module upgradable?

Last Edited: Fri. Oct 16, 2015 - 02:30 PM

I've just checked this scenario, it works for me.

Does bootloader show progress bar? At what point approximately error occurs?

Even if software update fails for some reason, you should be able to update manually via ISP/JTAG.

NOTE: I no longer actively read this forum. Please ask your question on www.eevblog.com/forum if you want my answer.

Thanks for message.
Progress bar starting - error appear (approximately 3mm) before end of process , when "speed" of Progress bar change to slow. (Sorry for my English). Unfortunately, my modules are built in small boxes and I have no chance use JTAG. I have to communicate with its only by UART.
Is different between modules with labels "ZigBit Meshnetics" and "Atmel Meshnetics"?

LX_User wrote:
Progress bar starting - error appear (approximately 3mm) before end of process , when "speed" of Progress bar change to slow.

Slow speed is writing of EEPROM. Have you checked if it works after the update, despite this error message?

LX_User wrote:
Unfortunately, my modules are built in small boxes and I have no chance use JTAG.
ISP requires 4 wires, which you could just hold by hand at appropriate module's pins. Not the best way, but worked before. Another pair of hands is stronly recommended :)

LX_User wrote:
Is different between modules with labels "ZigBit Meshnetics" and "Atmel Meshnetics"?
Atmel ones come with AT86RF230B, which is backwards compatible with AT86RF230 in MeshNetics modules.

They also come with different bootloaders, but they should be compatible also.

NOTE: I no longer actively read this forum. Please ask your question on www.eevblog.com/forum if you want my answer.

No - module after "SerialNet_Rf230.srec" upgrade not working.

Ok - I will try to use ISP - it must be good.

Info about compatibility is good message.

I think, that this problem we can mark as solved.

You may also try to update bootloader itself via ISP and then update application via new bootloader.

There were few bugs fixed in the bootloader since MeshNetics time, but I don't remember this particular one.

Alexru,

thanks for help. With new bootloader (programmed by ISP) it is working.

Note: Old modules with label Meshnetics / ZigBit require bootloader upgrade but new modules with Atmel label - need not it.