Unable to activate watch window v4.19 b730

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

When running in debug mode, I can add watch items and open/close the watch window but I'm unable to view array items. The window ignores mouse clicks. Let me clarify, I run in debug mode, hit the break button and I should be able to activate the watch window and interact with the values displayed, but the window ignores all mouse clicks and I'm unable to expand an array to see the values contained with in. Some times if I reload studio 4 I can make it work for a while then it quits again. Has anyone one else seen this behavior? Do you have a fix?
TIA
Jim

An upgrade to Atmel Studio 6 might be a thought.

"I may make you feel but I can't make you think" - Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick

"void transmigratus(void) {transmigratus();} // recursio infinitus" - larryvc

"It's much more practical to rely on the processing powers of the real debugger, i.e. the one between the keyboard and chair." - JW wek3

"When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive: to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -  Marcus Aurelius

You say debug mode, but do you mean for an actual debugger or are you using the simulator ? Either way, you can expand an array in a watch window...if the array's defined right for doing that. Making the array 'static' works. Post the code .

1) Studio 4.18 build 716 (SP3)
2) WinAvr 20100110
3) PN, all on Doze XP... For Now
A) Avr Dragon ver. 1
B) Avr MKII ISP, 2009 model
C) MKII JTAGICE ver. 1

Quote:

Making the array 'static' works.

Really? Why would that be?

clawson wrote:
Quote:

Making the array 'static' works.

Really? Why would that be?
I was using #1 from my sig. and playing with adc() functions about a year agao, with my JTAG MKII. Studio wouldn't display the global adc_result array until I put "static" as part of its declaration.

1) Studio 4.18 build 716 (SP3)
2) WinAvr 20100110
3) PN, all on Doze XP... For Now
A) Avr Dragon ver. 1
B) Avr MKII ISP, 2009 model
C) MKII JTAGICE ver. 1