UCB1400 Default reset line and interrupt line....

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I keep reading about a patch that was integrated into the kernel source regarding the UCB1400, for it's reset line and it's interrupt line... What are the default lines chosen on the AP7000?

You have to specify what pin you want to use in the board code:

static struct ac97c_platform_data __initdata ac97c0_data = {
	.dma_rx_periph_id	= 3,
	.dma_tx_periph_id	= 4,
	.dma_controller_id	= 0,
	.reset_pin		= GPIO_PIN_PB(18), // change to whatever pin you want, i.e. GPIO_PIN_PB(18)
};

Attached is the patch for 2.6.24

Attachment(s): 

I like cats, too. Let's exchange recipes.

Thanks for the clarification... :)

Does the driver probe for external interrupt lines out of the box or do I need to specify the IRQ manually? I have the interrupt hooked up on EXTINT1...

On a side note, I have a small question about the DC blocking capacitors on the analog inputs. What is the preferred value for this application? I assume it depends on the bandwidth you are looking for? Will low ESR tantalum caps give me better performance?

EDIT: I just realized this side note would be more appropriate for the hardware forum.. Hehe.. I will leave it nonetheless... ;)

UNiXWHoRe wrote:
Thanks for the clarification... :)

Does the driver probe for external interrupt lines out of the box or do I need to specify the IRQ manually? I have the interrupt hooked up on EXTINT1...

IIRC it probes automagically but only for interrupt numbers less than 32. The extints are mapped to higher interrupts so the probe will fail. The correct way to deal with this is to modify the driver to attempt to get an IRQ number from the platform code or interrupt if that fails. I think someone else was working on a patch to do just that but haven't seen it finished.
UNiXWHoRe wrote:
On a side note, I have a small question about the DC blocking capacitors on the analog inputs. What is the preferred value for this application? I assume it depends on the bandwidth you are looking for? Will low ESR tantalum caps give me better performance?
It's just DC blocking so work out what the min bandwidth you want is, calculate the caps for that then make 'em a bit bigger to be safe. Better quality caps will give you better performance if you're close to the mark anyway, but if you've given yourself some room to move then any old thing should be fine.

-S.