Tiny2313 availabity when?

Go To Last Post
11 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello,

Might anyone know when we will be able to buy the Tiny2313 chip in small quantities from suppliers like DigiKey? Is it being sampled yet from Atmel? Would its expected price be in the same range as the old standard 2313?

Thank you,

"Would its expected price be in the same range as the old standard 2313?"

It is supposed to be less expensive. Rep said ~US$1.50 in moderate quantities. That would follow with the pricing on the other chips of it's generation (Mega16 cheaper than '8535, etc.)

"Might anyone know when we will be able to buy the Tiny2313 chip in small quantities from suppliers like DigiKey? "

Sigh.

Lee

:)

admin's test signature

I think that Atmel's policy of hyping the chip but having nothing to show is really frustrating. If you are going to push the thing at least have some in production.

admin's test signature

Acording to AVR Freaks information there is limited sampling. Weeze wine and cajole an Atmel sales rep and they may give you one.

admin's test signature

Didn't anyone tell you what AVR stands for?

Avaliable Very Rarely.

-Colin (but I love 'em anyway)

The ATtiny2313 exists, it's very real.

It's not real until a disty has it in stock. :) [Most of our apps cannot afford to be on the "bleeding edge" of technology. Although some parts (like AVRs) are only single-sourced, we try to avoid parts that are not readily available for our industrial products.]

I haven't pushed the rep for samples (though I'm on his list) because it will be a quick project & will need parts almost immediately--an exiting '2313 design with a few enhancements.

Are they readily available where you are, Gianmario? Are there any distys with stock? Any surprises using them so far?

Lee

Any surprises

You might want to glance at the Rev. B data sheet, errata section. Nothing really shocking, but interesting reading anyway.

admin's test signature

Of course there in no emulator for it either, maybe the ICE50 will do it, or one can use the old ICE200 and treat it as a 90S2313 and don't use the newer features of the chip.....Of course it would have been nice to have an economical (~$100.00) "one wire debug" emulator released BEFORE the chip(s) come out. By the time emulators are available AND working well the chips are usually obsolete anyway. But we still love them :-)

admin's test signature

Hello Lee,

I only got a sample, so that means it's not real, according to your definition :o)

As for surprises: nothing to speak of, in my case at least. However, I am not working too intensively with it, I am concentrating on another project.....