Tiny13 at 128khz and stk500 isp programming

Go To Last Post
2 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I read the warning not to divide the clock by more than 32 when using 128khz clock but I think thay mean less than 32 because 128khz / 32 = 4000 and 1/4 of that is 1000. The stk500 only goes down to 1.21 khz and I can't reprogram it. Did they lie or is there a way to drop the stk500 low enough to program it at 128khz while the program running has prescaled by 32?

I am on a roll here, at that speed I am able to run at idle mode of 4uA wake up get an adc reading move the stepper and go back to sleep.

I thought about on reset put the prescale back to 0 and then put a 3 second wait time so I could escentially reset the chip for 1 second then take the power off and programming would be faster, will that work or is there a better way.

Before I snuff another chip I will have a cup of java and wait for a reply. I suppose high V programming is the only way to reprogram those now.

EDIT

Ahhh Never mind , I read it wrong, it says no more than 16 times, 32 times or more will not allow additional isp programming, I better slow down a bit myself me thinks.

Total votes: 0

Well it's too late to figure it out but the numbers now look like this

1100mS in sleep at 6uA
15mS read ADC at 1mA

The ADC is reading 8 bit and a range of 100 degrees the temperature would need to change at least 1 degree to get a different reading.

Then if the pointer is moved for 1 step every 1115ms
for 2mS at 10mA maximum, that assumes the temperature is different every time so that would be the maximum draw.

So with 2 - 110mA hour 1.5V batteries in series for 3V supply and draining to 1.8V before the unit shuts down
I wonder how long it will run?