Studio 4.18 build 700 fails to start simulator

Go To Last Post
7 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi All,
I am experiencing a strange problem when attempting to run (simulate) some C code. I suspect it may be related to my preferred development environment.

I have two machines.
1) iMac running OS X (Snow Leopard) with VMWare Fusion hosting Windows 7 x64. In the Windows host I am running Studio 4.18 SP2 (build 700) and WINAVR-20100110 (downloaded 9/2010).
2) Windows XP SP3 with Studio 4.18 SP2 (build 700) and WINAVR-20100110 (downloaded 9/2010).

My project builds on both OK. I can run (simulate) the code OK on XP.

On OS X/Windows 7 I get the following error:
Coordinator: None of the available object file readers can read the specified object file. Please check the format of the object file.
Error loading object file \\vmware-host\Shared Folders\Documents\data\avr\lcd2\default\lcd2.elf

Has anyone else seen this problem before? Is it related to Windows 7 x64 perhaps?

Thanks,
Steve

Total votes: 1

I'm running AVRStudtio 4.18 build 700 with WINAVR-20100110 on Win7 x64 without any problems. Simulator works fine also.

Try copying to a local directory on the VM client perhaps ..

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it"

Hi Steve it's about time you joined us here. :)

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

Hi John,
good to hear from you, it has been a while...

Looking up through the thread I've just realised that I've been a member of this site for nearly 10 years. It's taken me 9 years to make my first post. I really do have to spend a little more time on my hobbies :)

Hi thygate,
you are an absolute star!

Moving the project to a local drive, C: in my case, solved the problem.

Thank you very, very much!

Cheers,
Steve

you are very welcome :wink:

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it"

Brilliant. Been scratching my head all morning. Immediate fix