stuck with my SD card project(atmega16,avrstudio 5,stk500)

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

hi guys. I am spending me holidays with my stk500. my girlfriend is still waiting. jiji.
At the begining is was worthy but now that I am trying to use an sd card is getting very frustrating. I got stuck already 5 days ago...... I am not able to compile any correct file. The only codes I could get without errors were bigger that what my atmega16 can handle.

is the atmega16 getting weak for this stuff?
Do I need to go for a bigger microcontroller like atmega 32...?(I dont have it now)

my only target is to create and .txt or csv and write a variable into it(a data logger), and I would quite.

I have read about elmchan librarys the full and the petit. the full library seems to be too big for my humbre atmega16. the petit library does not create files, it just allows you to open existing files.

I also read some threats here in avrfreaks where clawson showed to one guy how to create a txt but it was with the full elchan library wich is too big for my atmega16.
I found dataloggers for bigger atmegas and also some projects for sound for atinys and , but I was trying to succeed with a more simpler thing.

can someone share a proven code to start with that my atmega16 can handle? Just for this trial. The next attempt seems to be with a bigger atmega the next holidays.

Thankyou guys.

My advice:

1) Never keep your girlfriend waiting.

2) Go out and buy a datalogger.

3) Never keep your girlfriend waiting.

4) Did I mention this: Never keep your girlfriend waiting.

A chip with more resources would help.

"I may make you feel but I can't make you think" - Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick

"void transmigratus(void) {transmigratus();} // recursio infinitus" - larryvc

"It's much more practical to rely on the processing powers of the real debugger, i.e. the one between the keyboard and chair." - JW wek3

"When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive: to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -  Marcus Aurelius

jjjjjj. funny funny....

but I am here trying to create and explain my gf why she have been waiting. I want her to be proud of me and to forgive me.(I think I will need this last point too)

Quote:
...to forgive me.(I think I will need this last point too)
Best of luck to you with THAT ! :cry:

https://www.avrfreaks.net/index.p...

Code works with SDHC cards also ! :D Chan indicates min. R/W config. is about 8.3 KB and full R/W config. is about 12 KB. So why not ? :wink:

1) Studio 4.18 build 716 (SP3)
2) WinAvr 20100110
3) PN, all on Doze XP... For Now
A) Avr Dragon ver. 1
B) Avr MKII ISP, 2009 model
C) MKII JTAGICE ver. 1

thank you guys, I run out of time. the gf hijacks me for holidays, so no more chips.

thank you again.

Hi everybody. After holydays...and only in a couple of hours... I GOT IT!
I GOOOOOT IIIIITT!

I successfully tested the code of the link in the bottom(version 2.2) using atmega32,avrstudio 5,stk500 and 2Gb transcend(SR-2C1 TAIWAN) SD card.
The card must be formated with fat32 format to get it ready or if you have worked with raw data in order to work with text files.And then some text files can be included to work with them.

thank you for the support when I needed it.

http://www.dharmanitech.com/2009...