STK600 Datasheet

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi All,
Was thinking of getting a stk600 as currently I only have a AVRISP mk2 and the stk600 has all programing options, will work for Xmega, some 32 bit AVRs and has some basic hardware for testing bits and pieces before I coustruct my own boards. Although to start with I will be usinf 40pin DIP AVRs so will have to also by the routing cards for the DIP packages (I should have purchased this when the aussie dollar was getting 95US cents!!)

Anyway my question is, is there a datasheet for the stk600? I've checked out atmel's web site and I can't find one.

I just want to check some things:-
It has USB conectivity so can it power off the USB port?
It also has a plug pack power socket can it run on 3.3v and 5v?

I've seen the March avr TV which gives an overview but would like to see the full datasheet/product guide

Quote:
Anyway my question is, is there a datasheet for the stk600? I've checked out atmel's web site and I can't find one.

Look in the AVR Tools User Guide in the Help menu of AVRStudio.

Quote:
It has USB conectivity so can it power off the USB port?

Yes, see below.

Quote:
The STK600 can source power to the microcontroller trough the USB cable. Remember that the power available trough the USB cable is limited. If your application attaches several peripherals to the STK600, you should use an external power source connected to the DC input socket on STK600. The external power supply should be 9-15V DC with positive center connector.

It is worth noting that this part of the guide:

Quote:
Optional: 10-15V DC/50mA power supply for powering STK600.

is incorrect and should read 500mA, not 50mA.

Patrick.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
By the Beans of Java my thoughts acquire speed,
My teeth acquire stain, my hands acquire shaking,
The shaking becomes a warning.

My STK600 (pre-release model) came with an adapter sporting a 40-pin ZIF socket, as well as an adapter with a 64-pin TQFP ZIF socket. It also came with a bunch of intermediate adapters that determine which controllers are to be used in those sockets.

You can avoid reality, for a while.  But you can't avoid the consequences of reality! - C.W. Livingston

Quote:
My STK600 (pre-release model) came with an adapter sporting a 40-pin ZIF socket, as well as an adapter with a 64-pin TQFP ZIF socket. It also came with a bunch of intermediate adapters that determine which controllers are to be used in those sockets.

Damn, now I wish I hadn't read that. (Wanders off into a dark corner to mutter to himself and cast envious glances Carl's way.) :sad:

Patrick.

weirdbutgifted wrote:
Quote:

Damn, now I wish I hadn't read that. (Wanders off into a dark corner to mutter to himself and cast envious glances Carl's way.) :sad:

Patrick.

Well, I have clawson to thank for his generosity... It was the STK600 that Atmel gave him for being the first AVRFreaks member to make 10,000 posts.

But the pre-release version of the STK600 will not work over the USB interface and the more current versions of AVRStudio. So I'm relegated to using an external ISP-MK2 or JTAG for device programming. But that's OK, the pre-release version of the STK600 it still has some advantages over the STK500.

You can avoid reality, for a while.  But you can't avoid the consequences of reality! - C.W. Livingston

Quote:
...pre-release version of the STK600 will not work over the USB interface and the more current versions of AVRStudio.

In that case, all is forgiven as I need the USB interface for the laptop and portability. :D

Patrick.