STK500DLL.DLL -- Is the API available?

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I will be doing some "custom" ISP work where each target unit will have different parameters in EEPROM. (Think of it as items like unique device address, serial number, calibration values, etc.) So I'm building a VisualBASIC app (yeah, I know, flame bait in itself but that's what I've got) that will gather the needed customization info, and I will build a special .HEX for the EEPROM for each unit. That part is fine.

I can then fire off STK500.EXE to do the programming. But gathering the result(s) from the Shell() window leaves a lot to be desired. AVRStudio uses STK500DLL.DLL to do its thing. Is there an API for this anywhere such that I can use STK500DLL.DLL instead of STK500.EXE? Google uncovers few hits.

Lee

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig.

I've never met a pig I didn't like, as long as you have some salt and pepper.

Do you have RS232 to the AVR when it's in-situ?

If so, maybe you could get the VB App to send the parameters to the AVR via RS232 with some preamble that could be identified by the AVR as the start of incoming parameters...and it then captures the parameters and updates the EEPROM itself?

...a sort of bootloader idea - which maybe another option?

Almost all of our AVR apps have commo--but not this one. :)

Lee

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig.

I've never met a pig I didn't like, as long as you have some salt and pepper.

Lee

Maybe you could interface to AvrDude instead , that one is "Open" , and can use a STK-500 as programmer

/Bingo

Lee,

I know it's perhaps a bit long winded but couldn't you just Create("COM1") in your VB app and then implement app note AVR068 to the STK500/AVRISP you are using ?

The v2protocol.c in Dean's Buttload source will probably come in useful if you were to go this route (though it's obviously the receiver, not the transmitter)

Cliff