STK500+CodeVision

Go To Last Post
11 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello..

Today I've got a new STK500 ISP..
It's help is for AvrGCC+AVR Studio , But I'm a CodeVision User.. :oops:

When I choose to program the chip , I find an option "SCK Freq" showed in the attached image,with it's possible values..

what's the suitable choice and what do these values mean...

edited:
If I open (with AVR Studio) the .cof file made by CodeVision , Is there any problem..?
thanks in advance :oops: :oops:

:oops:

Attachment(s): 

Last Edited: Sun. Mar 15, 2009 - 04:39 PM

Programming frequency must be less that 1/4 of the cpu frequency.

Regards,
Steve A.

The Board helps those that help themselves.

thanks for reply..
you mean this is the programming frequency?

there is a 12Mhz Crystal on the board of the programmer, and this crystal can be used as an external Clock source when choosing to use external clock for the uC........

So as for me , if I used the internal on-board 1MHz oscillator I must choose 230KHz and lower , and for External 4Mhz and Higher It doesn't matter , right ?

thanks again..

Hi..

Using AVR Studio,the voltage measured for the target uC is less than 3.1V despite that the measured value by voltmeter is 4.6V...

Is there any solution?

Help please...

I think my topic and me are blacklisted here , so I post a new topic :
https://www.avrfreaks.net/index.p...

STK500 Problem

ia17348 wrote:
thanks for reply..
you mean this is the programming frequency?

there is a 12Mhz Crystal on the board of the programmer, and this crystal can be used as an external Clock source when choosing to use external clock for the uC........

So as for me , if I used the internal on-board 1MHz oscillator I must choose 230KHz and lower , and for External 4Mhz and Higher It doesn't matter , right ?

thanks again..

Yes. Use 230kHz for a virgin AVR.
460kHz is fine for any that run on a 2MHz (or higher) xtal.

It is easiest to edit-compile-program all in CodeVision. You set SCK etc in the CodeVision dialogue as you have shown. And tick the "Program After Compilation" box in your project settings.

You never need to use the Studio4 STK500 dialogue. But if you do, the SCK setting has to be done there as well.

Studio4 / STK500 can set the voltages on the STK500 board. You can either power your board via the STK500 ISP cable OR separately. You must not do both. The STK500 manual explains the jumpers.

David.

ia17348 wrote:
I think my topic and me are blacklisted here , so I post a new topic :
https://www.avrfreaks.net/index.p...

STK500 Problem

No wonder if you get blacklisted when you cross post like this. Please stop doping that, it's selfish and a waste of other members time to create two identical topics and have some members waste their time by giving the same answers already given in another identical topic.

Hello...

first of all thanks David..

Quote:

Studio4 / STK500 can set the voltages on the STK500 board. You can either power your board via the STK500 ISP cable OR separately. You must not do both. The STK500 manual explains the jumpers.

1- I tried to set voltage values from AVR Studio but It didn't make any affect..and It gives the old value(before set)when you try to do anything...
2- I couldn't use the programmer without a a spply for the target uC...
3-Problem was solved when I pulled reset pin to 5V,and I used a new uC ..

But as for fuses...
the AVR Studio gives options EXTERNAL Crystal/Oscillator low/medium/high Frequency..

what's the ranges of each choice..eg. 4MHz Crystal is low frequency...

As for the new (Identical)post, my old topic had became in the next page of the forum , and I needed to tell new visitors about my topic, and I told readers (Clawson Read that) that there is an old topic...
sorry if I bothered you .. next time I will add blank replies to solve his problem..is that good :o

a little of your time please....

1-As mentioned, you have to set the jumpers, in particular in this case VTARGET. It is simple enough to look at the Vcc pin(s) with a voltmeter to ensure signal levels. What did you find when you did that?

2-True enough. Isn't that what we have been telling you, that your target AVR needs to be powered?

3-Now that makes no sense, as the reset pin needs to be pulled low to do any programming. I don't think you are cabled correctly. Watch your /RESET when you do a Read Signature--does it drop and go back up?

3a->>Can<< you Read Signature repeatedly and reliably?

Lee

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig.

I've never met a pig I didn't like, as long as you have some salt and pepper.