stk500 programming

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

hi everyone. i was wondering if some one could giveme some assistance. i was programming a mega 128 with the stk500 using isp. and it suddenly stops working. lockbits are not on and the fuses havent changed at all. everything is the same. this has me very curious as to what would cause this. i would give more info if i had it. but :roll:

Quote:

and it suddenly stops working

Could you gove some more info? Do you get an error message while programing, or what?

If programming fails in general, how are you sure that the fuses have not been changed?

As of January 15, 2018, Site fix-up work has begun! Now do your part and report any bugs or deficiencies here

No guarantees, but if we don't report problems they won't get much of  a chance to be fixed! Details/discussions at link given just above.

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

I've been discussing the problem with Dan via MSN and we've determined that it's the M128 board that is malfunctioning, not the STK500.

- Dean :twisted:

Make Atmel Studio better with my free extensions. Open source and feedback welcome!

i appologise for the lack of information JohanEkdahl. i get the message that it has failed to enter programming mode. i dont really know what else to tell you. i just thought that if i could some way fix it instead of haveing to send it back, i would benefit in the knowledge for future reference and save time. yes you are right now i study it closer, im not sure the fuses have been changed or not, as i was reading junk data. im just dumbfounded as to why this would suddenly occur. :(

First thing to check: The ISP programming frequency. Set it as low as possible (somewhere round a few KHz). Then try to read the chip signature. When you can read the signature successfully, and repeatedly you can move on to reading out the fuses and see if any of them has changed.

(I suspect that the message you get talks about the ISP frequency must be less that 1/4th of the AVR clock frequency).

As of January 15, 2018, Site fix-up work has begun! Now do your part and report any bugs or deficiencies here

No guarantees, but if we don't report problems they won't get much of  a chance to be fixed! Details/discussions at link given just above.

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

hi thanks again for your input but it wont let me read the chip signature at any freq. yes that is the message i get. does it sound like its stuffed now :cry: