stk500-isp-how

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

hi all

i am a complete newbie to programming etc and have purchased the stk 500 in order to develop an entry system based on the at90s8515 smartcard i have read quite alot of documentation regarding isp but i,am am now totaly bemused and cant progress until i have satisfied a stable hardware enviorument the following is my understanding of programming these smartcard/ic,s externally.

the manual states the stk 500 is capable of programming external targets using either of the two isp headers ie 6pin/10pin

i have fabricated an interface which contains 1 iso card slot and 1 40 pin zif socket and following the pinouts have wired this to match the 6 pin header but am unable to read/program/erase/ any ic/card with this method ?

does external programming require that other components be placed after the stk and before the target ?

using the 40pin at90s8515 i have enabled isp using the stk in the onboard dil socket and then placed it in the external interface but still no luck?

please help before i commit this hardware to the furnace
thanks in advance
stephen :(

Codevisionavr & Avrstudio 4.18
Easyavr5A-Jtagicemk1

Call me Pedantic, But not after 9.

if Milk_Brilliant
else Codevision_Avrs==Better

have you read the stk500 guide in the academy?

If you're trying to program the 8515 externally you will need to have an external clock (crystal/xtal1/xtal2) configured on your "interface board" as this package doesnt have an internal clock/timer on it.

hollywood

yes read the info but it relates only to isp onboard the stk500 not external target ?
xtal i had overlooked so will investigate
thanks
stephen :roll:

Codevisionavr & Avrstudio 4.18
Easyavr5A-Jtagicemk1

Call me Pedantic, But not after 9.

if Milk_Brilliant
else Codevision_Avrs==Better