STK200 and 2313-10PI

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi All,

I just got some 2313's and tried to program in the STK200 but it's a NO GO! I can't write/erase, it does seem to read but the output is not what's on the chip.

If I do a read, it gives the "bad" output then if I try to erase/write it says something like "...Part not detected-may be due to power off..., security bits enabled, or pre-production avr".

All jumper settings on the STK200 are at default position. I'm running AVR_ISP v2.65 on Windows 2000. Can anyone help?

admin's test signature

Hi Tariq,

I think Windows 2000 is the problem. I have made also a programmer for the AVR's that can program AVR's when they are already soldered on the board (serial programming), but I also support only Windows 95, 98 and ME. I have to change to software so it can work at Windows 2000 but the problem is that Windows 2000 don't allow direct writing to the serial port. When I can set and reset the TxD pin under Windows 2000 (DTR and RTS is no problem) than I can make an Windows 2000 version.

In the mean time, try Windows 98 or ME to find out of the OS is your problem.

Greetings,
Robert

www.roesink.com

admin's test signature

hi

im use windows 2000 profesional end it work whit mcu0100

or avr appnote 910.asm work to :-)

Hi all,

The problems with AVR ISP under WinNT4/2k have been confirmed and are commented further down in the forum. The size of the thing! And it's only been up for some months!

Anyway. I recklessly abuse the AVR Freaks uploading space by including the "Problems with AVR ISP" document once again. Redundancy is good, no?

Best regards,

Morten, AVR tech. support, Atmel FAE

admin's test signature

Thanks Guys,

The problem was and as confirmed above is Windows 2000, I tried to program on ME and everything went great.

Thanks again,
Tariq

admin's test signature