STK10000 (32AP7000-ES) Not Booting Linux On SD Card

Go To Last Post
9 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello Everyone,
I'm trying to load the Linux image created per document (Programming an SD card with the AVR32 Linux file system, URL shown below) but I'm unable to get the board to load it. Below is the initial terminal information. Any suggestions on what I should do to get the system to boot off the SD card?

U-Boot 1.1.4-at0 (Jun 27 2007 - 20:47:14)           

U-Boot code: 00000000 -> 0001605c  data: 24000000 -> 24002d40
SDRAM: 8 MB at address 0x10000000
Testing SDRAM...OK
malloc: Using memory from 0x10780000 to 0x10800000
Flash:  8 MB at address 0x00000000
DRAM Configuration:
Bank #0: 10000000  8 MB
In:    serial
Out:   serial                                                                  
Err:   serial                                                                  
Net:   macb0                                                                   
Press SPACE to abort autoboot in 2 seconds                                     
macb0: Starting autonegotiation...                                             
macb0: Autonegotiation timed out (status=0x7809)                               
macb0: link down (status: 0x7809)

http://support.atmel.no/knowledgebase/avr32studiohelp/com.atmel.avr32.tool.stk1000/html/programming_an_sd_card_with_the_avr32_linux_file_system.html

You must change U-Boot bootcmd so it will load data from your SD-card, and not network.

Hans-Christian

hce wrote:
You must change U-Boot bootcmd so it will load data from your SD-card, and not network.

I was able to stop the network boot and get into the uboot prompt. Problem is now I get a "Unable to read "/boot/uImage"" error.

I am following the SD creation instruction on https://www.avrfreaks.net/wiki/in...

U-Boot 1.1.4-at0 (Jun 27 2007 - 20:47:14)                                           

U-Boot code: 00000000 -> 0001605c  data: 24000000 -> 24002d40                       
SDRAM: 8 MB at address 0x10000000                                                   
Testing SDRAM...OK                                                                  
malloc: Using memory from 0x10780000 to 0x10800000                                  
Flash:  8 MB at address 0x00000000                                                  
DRAM Configuration:                                                                 
Bank #0: 10000000  8 MB                                                             
In:    serial                                                                       
Out:   serial                                                                       
Err:   serial                                                                       
Net:   macb0                                                                        
Press SPACE to abort autoboot in 2 seconds                                          
Uboot> boot                                                                         
Manufacturer ID:       03                                                           
OEM/Application ID:    5344                                                         
Product name:          SD128                                                        
Product Revision:      5.8                                                          
Product Serial Number: 8227513                                                      
Manufacturing Date:    06/03                                                        
SD Card detected (RCA 58916)                                                        
CSD data: 00260032 1f5983c0 fefa4fff 924040ab                                       
CSD structure version:   1.0                                                        
MMC System Spec version: 0                                                          
Card command classes:    1f5                                                        
Read block length:       512                                                        
Supports partial reads                                                              
Write block length:      512                                                        
Does not support partial writes                                                     
Supports group WP:      32                                                          
Card capacity:          125960192 bytes                                             
File format:            0/0                                                         
Write protection:                                                                   
mmc: Using 65536 cycles data timeout (DTOR=0x61)                                    
..............................................                                      
** Unable to read "/boot/uImage" from mmc 0:1 **                                    
## Booting image at 10250000 ...                                                    
Bad Magic Number                                                                    
Uboot> 

I downloaded the image from http://www.atmel.com/tools/MATUR...

AVR32 Linux BSP 3.0.0 DVD Image

any suggestions? Could it be a bad image?

So for some reason I thought by erasing my flash memory and starting from scratch would be a good idea (http://support.atmel.no/knowledgebase/avr32studiohelp/com.atmel.avr32.tool.stk1000/html/u_boot_command_reference.html). It wasn't.

I no longer have a terminal stream (in minicom). Now I just power up and it's two read LED's and a blank white screen.

Does this mean I'm hosed? Is this something that unrecoverable?

Program the u-boot.bin binary you'll find on http://www.atmel.no/buildroot/bu... for your board variant. Then step back to trying to boot from SD-card. Do you have the actual kernel image locate at /boot/uImage? Could it be at another place?

Hans-Christian

hce wrote:
Program the u-boot.bin binary you'll find on http://www.atmel.no/buildroot/bu... for your board variant. Then step back to trying to boot from SD-card. Do you have the actual kernel image locate at /boot/uImage? Could it be at another place?

Do I need a JTAGICEmkII to reload the flash?
The image which I chose did not have a "/boot/uImage" folder.

Currently I have a bricked board, it doesn't run anything from flash.

Quote:
Yes, AFAICT you erased your bootloader. By doing that you need a JTAG tool able to program AP7000 devices. AFAIK all Atmel's AVR tools are able to program an AP7000.

Hans-Christian

I just heard from Atmel support. I need a JTAG progammer to reload u-boot on my board. That concludes my project.

Thanks for your help.

hce wrote:
Quote:
Yes, AFAICT you erased your bootloader. By doing that you need a JTAG tool able to program AP7000 devices. AFAIK all Atmel's AVR tools are able to program an AP7000.

Thank you.