STK1000 Board Support Package 1.0 released

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi!

The BSP 1.0 version is now released. It will appear on the official Atmel site shortly, but for now it can be downloaded from our beta site:
Full ISO image
SD card Linux image
Windows installer for development tools

Linux users should be able to upgrade with yum or apt-get.

The changelog is also (temporarily) available on the beta site.

The BSP team :)

Hello

Which is the shortest path to write the bsp image aka "STK1000_BSP_SD_image_1.0.img.gz" to the SD card? I noticed that there is no U-boot networking core to tftp to a workstation and also there are no sd card manipulating commands.

I show in the changelog of the bsp 1.0 that you added networking core to the U-boot, but i need to avr32program it to the flash. Do i need ICE circuitry for this?

I show (with fdisk) that there are four partitions on the sd-card that comes with the board. I assume that there is no problem installing the image to another partition rather than to the mmcblk0p1. Is that correct?

Hi again

Sorry, of cource i need a jtag cable to avr32program but i dont have one. I needed to ask if this can be done in another way than the jtag provided by ATMEL for the board (for example MULTI-ICE)

Thanks in advance

Sorry, but the only programmer currently supported is the JTAGICE mkII. I'm not aware of any compatible programmer from other vendors.

As for partitioning, the first partition is set to use all space on the SD card, so you won't have space for several images.

If you're running Linux on your PC, you could partition to your heart's content, and make the U-Boot boot from any one of them (don't remember the proper setting as I don't have a kit nearby now, but it should be setenv bootcmd or something). Also remember to specify the correct root partition in U-Boot's bootargs variable.

I recommend mounting the SD card image as a loopback device and copy recursively over the real SD card. You could also wget it directly over the network from the STK1000, or upload via FTP.

Tore
Sorry if this posting is incomplete or unhelpful, I just have a few minutes right now.

I will just mount the ramdisk to my PC linux, ftp the contents to the board and then cp recursively to /

Thanks