STK-500 and AT90S8515 fuse settings

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I have a few AT90S8515 that I wanted to use. I was disappointed to see that the Dragon does not support
any programming for the older AT90S8515 device.
Having to revisit the STK-500 I had quite a time to get the device set up to program on the STK-500 socket.
It seems I have to use the HV programming to set fuses and enable ISP mode programming. Finally I was able to
get the chip programmed. Then I see that the fuses can not be verified using the ISP programming mode.
Is there something wrong with the STK-500 or is it my lack of understanding the AT90S8515 fuse settings?
As soon as these chips are gone , I will use a newer device.

I'll believe corporations
are people when Texas executes one.

Quote:

Then I see that the fuses can not be verified using the ISP programming mode.
Is there something wrong with the STK-500 or is it my lack of understanding the AT90S8515 fuse settings?

Just last week I was fiddling with the AT90S8515 that came with my first STK500 and I like you was wondering what I was doing wrong(kept getting that 1/4 freq. message IIRC) when trying to read the fuses but it was ok to read the signature and able to load in programs.

Are there any fuses to set?(most likely not).

Pete

The 90Sxxxx series have NO clock fuses at all ie nothing to set, it just works with the crystal oscillator YOU suppy. The only fuses available are the SPIEN which one should not touch and the fast reset??? and of course lock bits.

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

Quote:

The only fuses available are the SPIEN which one should not touch and the fast reset

Not accessible thru ISP (that's why I was getting an error when selecting the Fuse tab.Lock bits also).Can see why this chip should be NLS .