Still playing with light_ws2812...can it be slowed down?

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

So, I have the light_ws2812 library thing worked out (using a Tiny10, not the Mega4809), I can see the output of the "blinky" demo clearly on my 'scope, I can measure the period of the pulses to 12.5uS, which is proper for the 800kHz "fast" mode.

But my el cheapo string of ws2811's just lights up white! Is there any way to slow down the code to the 400kHz "slow" mode?? Maybe they are configured for slow data?

I tried smply extending the timing definitions:

// Timing in ns
//#define w_zeropulse   350
//#define w_onepulse    900
//#define w_totalperiod 1250
#define w_zeropulse   700
#define w_onepulse    1800
#define w_totalperiod 2500

But that didn't work.

I tried simple fooling the compiler by declaring the F_CPU = 16M instead of 8M, thinking it might just double the timing, but to my surprise, the pulse timing stayed at 12.5us, but the blinky loop ran slower!

Any insight, folks??

Now that I'm working from home, I have a nice scope to play with after supper, so I can finally look at things! 

Last Edited: Wed. Mar 25, 2020 - 06:18 AM

DOH! Just prescale the system clock! It hit me right after I posted the original post. So now I have the 400kHz "slow" mode outputting from the Tiny10, but the LEDs are still just white, dang!

So, I got real curious and carefully opened up one of these things....it's marked "FM2811" not "WS2811", and the pin-out does not agree with the datasheet! Guess I'm up the proverbial creek without a roll of paper!

Total votes: 1

Do not start a second thread on your same topic.

Stay at https://www.avrfreaks.net/forum/...

Locked.

Ross McKenzie ValuSoft Melbourne Australia

Topic locked