Steps for comunication with ATECC108A

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi,

I start to learn how to secure by using ATECC108A. My project demands communication between STM32 and ATECC108A. But i don't know how to start. I found the cryptoauthlib for ATECC108, but i don't know the steps to use it. Can anyone help me ? What are the steps for communication between MCU like STM32 and ATECC108( or similar chips : ATECC508, ATSHA204...)

Thanks and best regards.

Dat Quoc Dang
Hanoi university of Science and technology

Last Edited: Thu. Sep 26, 2019 - 10:14 AM

Welcome to the forum.

I've used the ATSHA204a and ATECC508a. I believe the ATECC108A is outdated and you should use the ATECC508a or 608a. I was unable to find the ATECC108A data sheet. For starters, you need to read the datasheet. Perhaps contact microchip. 

I believe the ATECC108A is compatible with the 508a. If you look at the cryptoauthlib library, there is a test folder with tons of examples.

"When all else fails, read the directions"

Thank you for your answer. But I'm totally a new beginner, i saw a lot of code example in the cryptoauthlib library but i don't know where to start. I mean : to communicate with ATECC, what should i do at step 1, step 2... Can you help me ?

Thank you so much.

Dat Quoc Dang
Hanoi university of Science and technology

Hi - You need the datasheet. Without that, you will be wasting a lot of time. That is your first step. 

"When all else fails, read the directions"