Inspired by another thread/post here, I am "muddling through" the TCC stuff for the D21, playing around with different Start/ASF settings, specifically for PWM generation.
After a preliminary read/browse of the D21 data sheet chapter on TCCs I read it as all TCCs have four channels (CC0..CC3) with the output of those routable to eight wave outputs (WO..WO).
In Start I set up a new project for the D21 Xplained Pro board adding one PWM driver. I configure the actual driver to be either HAL:Driver:PWM or Lite:TCC:PWM. Regardless of which of those two choices I use I get
- For TCC0: Eight WOs to configure
- For TCC1: Four WOs to configure
- For TCC2: Two WOs to configure
as demonstrated in the following screen dumps:
I might be missing something but
- If this is a hardware limitation then I can't find any clue to this in the D21 data sheet
- If this is a ASF4 limitation then I can't find any mention of this in the documentation
Can someone with more wisdom and knowledge explain this limitation?