st7565 8bit interface library

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I am working in atmega8 parallel interface with ST7565R(128X64) dot matrix display.St7565R contain single chip lcd controller but most of the library coded for dual chip controller for example u8glib. Is any other library available for single controller or have i to modify the library?

Before you can do graphics (draw lines and chars) you need to be able to writeadatabyte, writeacommandbyte, and init the controller. I betcha there is a file on newhavendisplays that does this for that controller.

Imagecraft compiler user

The Codevision compiler has support for the ST7565 (don't know how much different the R version is if any).

At least you can try out your hardware setup if it works.

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

U8glib supports displays, based on the ST7565. The second cs pin in the 8bit init procedure is not used for ST7565 based displays. However parallel interface has not been added to most of the ST7565 displays in U8glib so far.

Oliver

Do you really want to use a parallel i/f ?
SPI works perfctly well.
Most displays are fairly small anyway.

I have not looked at the U8glib code, but the difference between SPI and 8-bit or 16-bit is just down to the primitive read and write function.
Perhaps the SPI version has an extra dummy NOP when reading but that is about the only difference.

David.