SPI loopback test on stk500

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello to all!

It's possibile to use the loopback technique to test SPI device on the STK500?
There are some related problems with the STK500, if i use this technique?
I have used this technique, and now my stk500 doesn't work, i have burned it?

Please someone help me, because if i have burned it i will try to find a remedy, because i'm not an expert and i have to finish a project and i not have much time a disposition.

I solved, thank you all! wink

Was the problem hw or sw?

Imagecraft compiler user

Hi bobgardner, I think that the problem was the software.
I have read some post on the this argument and from these I have arrived at the file "fix stk500". I have done the steps described in this file, but not all steps because i haven't an oscilloscope, i have only a multimeter. I have checked the hardware: the vcc on the micro on the stk500, voltage around max202 and serial communication on the spare port. Everything worked.
So, thank the advices of jgmdesign, i tried to reprogramming the firmware of the stk500. After some attempts I was able to establish a connection with the board (using the usual procedure to upgrade the firmware) and with the help of avrprog i  updated the firmware on my board. Now it works. smiley

Well there you go then!

Jim

I would rather attempt something great and fail, than attempt nothing and succeed - Fortune Cookie

"The critical shortage here is not stuff, but time." - Johan Ekdahl

"Step N is required before you can do step N+1!" - ka7ehk

"If you want a career with a known path - become an undertaker. Dead people don't sue!" - Kartman

"Why is there a "Highway to Hell" and only a "Stairway to Heaven"? A prediction of the expected traffic load?"  - Lee "theusch"

Speak sweetly. It makes your words easier to digest when at a later date you have to eat them ;-)  - Source Unknown

Please Read: Code-of-Conduct

Atmel Studio6.2/AS7, DipTrace, Quartus, MPLAB, RSLogix user

After yesterday now I have to rest a little!laugh

Thanks again Jim!