Solved: Attiny817 Xplained Mini not working

Go To Last Post
7 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello everybody,

I just have bought an Attiny817 Xplained Mini board (Rev 6). In fact, I took two of them. None is working with Atmel Studio 7. I was supposed to blink the onboard LED when first connected to the USB port then, after installation, the LED should go off. Both boards have the same behavior. The LED is on all the time, steady.

Any idea? Should I update the bootloader on mEDBG? I have tried from the command line, as instructed in the datasheet but the tool cannot be found. 

Any idea? I'm really a newbie, so maybe I miss something obvious. Thank you.

Last Edited: Thu. Nov 8, 2018 - 01:32 PM

Does Atmel Studio detect them or not?

Hi,

Thank you for replying. Not! They are not detected by Atmel Studio nor by the Windows. There is no sign they are connected except for the status LED which is steady on.

If you don't see their com port in Windows Device Manager check that the Windows driver is installed.  What version of Atmel Studio are you using?

There is no port in Device Manager but apparently, all the drivers are installed. I have a clean Windows and Atmel Studio install. Atmel Studio is the latest version (7). When I connect Arduino Uo, for example, windows add a COM port in Device Manager. But it doesn't for Xplained. Thank you.

Last Edited: Thu. Nov 8, 2018 - 09:06 AM

Maybe your USB cable is faulty or maybe it's charge-only? Can you test with a different device?

Yep, you're right. Problem solved. Many thanks!