Solomon SSD1928 interfacing with AVR - anyone attempted?

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi all, these look like pretty cool chips in my view.

http://www.solomon-systech.com/p...

and an eval board at http://www.techtoys.com.hk/Displ...

I was wondering if anyone's contemplated using one of these with an AVR? No hits on a search, but doesn't mean someone hasn't tried...... In my case I'm not overly interested in the LCD, mainly wanting it for interfacing to a camera.

Thoughts/comments?
cheers
Brett

It shoudn't be too much of a task to port the example code over to an AVR. You'll need a few port pins to do the interface, but the example stuff on the website you linked to is for a LPC2103 which is a small ARM7 processor, so something like a mega32 and up should suffice.

What do you want to do with the camera? The AVR might be a little limited if you want to move a lot of data.

Hey Kartman,
I'm looking at what I reckon is a low-performance requirement, that I have confidence that a AVR can handle - a weather cam. Looking at full 1280x1024 resolution JPEG capture, but taking shots infrequently (60sec? depends how fast I can transfer data out). The bit that worries me is the fact that the LPC2103 has clock speeds up to 70mhz, and my little 16mhz mega32 can't quite cut the mustard there ! But from reading the datasheet, if you're running the Solomon stand-along (not MCU interfaced) the clock is 2mhz to 4mhz - probably need to really think about the timing intervals to see if it's really doable on a low-Mhz device. I have a WIZ200WEB (mega128 @8mhz) that i was contemplating using so I could push the data over ethernet to a web server.

Does anyone have an example of an atmega128 with Solomon SSD1928?

Thank you!

in my (limited) experience searching for similar activities, the answer is no (if you hadn't gathered that from the lack of discussion here :) )