sim800 tcp ip connection socket server

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi everyone.

I'm about to work on a project in which I have to use sim800 as a client in a network. Since I must be able to connect the microcontroller to a specific website and I've never done that before, I need a free and simple website as a tcp ip socket server for my primary tests.

I need a socket host keeps listening to a client connection request on a specific port (eg, 8081) online and ready-to-use. On the other hand, I need to monitor the received data and I must be able to send data to the client either.

could someone introducing a website for this issue?

thanks

This app note looks pretty good:

http://www.python-exemplary.com/...

That was near the top when I googled "sim800 tcp ip". I bet if I looked further I could find library code where someone has already got this working - not much point reinventing the wheel if someone else has done it already.

Apart the low level UART stuff to send/receive a byte to/from the modem almost nothing in any support code will be specific to a particular CPU so you should be able to use code for any CPU, not just AVR.

well this is an application note. It's good but I need a website to do my tests...

Last Edited: Thu. Mar 14, 2019 - 12:29 PM

makhorsandi wrote:
I need a free and simple website as a tcp ip socket server for my primary tests.
I don't get it why can't you not just make HTTP GET request to something like google.com (or even www.avrfreaks.net) ? Why would you need a specific website if you just want to test access?

For example this online site shows how to form an HTTP GET request and the kind of response you expect to get. Here I simply made a GET to www.google.com\

Last Edited: Thu. Mar 14, 2019 - 02:00 PM

makhorsandi wrote:
Since I must be able to connect the microcontroller to a specific website and I've never done that before, I need a free and simple website as a tcp ip socket server for my primary tests.
A VPS can run your preferred web server though its price isn't zero; a VPS cost is installing and maintaining the OS distribution, web server, and data backups (some VPS plans have periodic backups)

makhorsandi wrote:
could someone introducing a website for this issue?
A conditional yes

A simple WebSocket server exists to initially test WebSocket clients.

websocket.org Echo Test - Powered by Kaazing

VPS - Virtual Private Server

How to run your own secure IoT cloud server for $8/year | Embedded

Low End Box - Cheap VPS Hosting Providers Listing & Reviews

libwebsockets: Notes about building lws

"Dare to be naïve." - Buckminster Fuller