send & receive data with atmega128rfa1 zigbee

Go To Last Post
26 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

i want to make a network of atmega128rfa1 to send & receive data with zigbee...please help me.....
i never work with atmega128rfa1.....thanks....

Last Edited: Fri. Oct 16, 2015 - 02:32 PM

Please delete your empty project post: atmega128rfa1 zigbee!

sbennett wrote:
Please delete your empty project post: atmega128rfa1 zigbee!

sorry and i delete that......

Do you have the plain mikro controller or do you have a PCB with Atmega128RFA1 ?

anybody dont know how i start working with atmega128rfa1?:(

i have plain micro now! but i want to make pcb soon!!....may you help me:)?tnx

I have no glue how to make PCB's, are you experienced with RF PCB design?
Joerg did show with his tiny230 PCB, how to make a DIY design with an AT96RF23x SPI transceiver + ATtiny44. Maybe this page gives you helpful information: http://www.sax.de/~joerg/tiny230/

PS: A module would also be a good starting point for an own design, e.g.
- http://www.an-solutions.de/produ...
- http://www.dresden-elektronik.de...

> Joerg did show with his tiny230 PCB

I also once made a "proof of concept" design with an ATmega128RFA1 I
posted here:

https://www.avrfreaks.net/index.p...

To the OP, if you really want to make your own boards, please have a
look at my tiny230 documentation page. This should give you an idea
about the kind of measurements that are eventually required for a
formal certification. When using a module (as suggested by uracolix),
I understand the certification process is simpliefied in the realm of
the FCC, and can possibly be completely skipped within the area where
ETSI regulations rule.

Jörg Wunsch

Please don't send me PMs, use email if you want to approach me personally.

i buy Atmel STK600-ATMEGA128RFA1 (ATAVR128RFA1-EK1) but i dont know how to send and recive data with zigbee!!:)
please help me if you have sample code on c..
( codevision:) )
thanks

nta_xyz wrote:
please help me if you have sample code on c..
( codevision:) )

ZigBee is a complex technology, I guess you won't find any code for codevision. If avr-gcc of IAR are fine with you than check out BitCloud ZigBee stack.

NOTE: I no longer actively read this forum. Please ask your question on www.eevblog.com/forum if you want my answer.

ZigBee is a complex technology, I guess you won't find any code for codevision. If avr-gcc of IAR are fine with you than check out BitCloud ZigBee stack.

thanks for answer......
i Totally confused!!!
atmega128rfa1 has zigbee technology ?! if yes how i can use it?
if no! what is meaning of Microcontroller
with Low Power 2.4GHz Transceiver for ZigBee and IEEE 802.15.4 in datasheet?!
i want to make a big! network of atmega128rfa1 with zigbee Technology:) but i do not know how?!!!
im Beginner please help me step by step What I must to do?
thanks

nta_xyz wrote:
atmega128rfa1 has zigbee technology ?!
Microcontroller can't have technology, but it can have building blocks necessary. And megaRF has radio transceiver that is compatible with IEEE 802.15.4 specification, on which ZigBee standard is based. ZigBee itself is a software stack of protocols, no micro in the world would support it on hardware level.

nta_xyz wrote:
im Beginner please help me step by step What I must to do?
First of all learn about ZigBee and understand what parts of it are supported by microcontroller itself and what parts should be implemented in software, then download BitCloud SDK and try it.

NOTE: I no longer actively read this forum. Please ask your question on www.eevblog.com/forum if you want my answer.

Microcontroller can't have technology, but it can have building blocks necessary. And megaRF has radio transceiver that is compatible with IEEE 802.15.4 specification, on which ZigBee standard is based. ZigBee itself is a software stack of protocols, no micro in the world would support it on hardware level.

First of all learn about ZigBee and understand what parts of it are supported by microcontroller itself and what parts should be implemented in software, then download BitCloud SDK and try it.

Wo0o0ww...thanks:)I was in wrong!!!really thanks:)

do you have any source or document to help me know how i can implemented software stack!
because you say atmegarfa1 support IEEE 802.15.4 in physical layer i think i must to implementation software part...please guide me to find how implementation software stack!:)

i order atmega128rfa1 evaluation kit to test with that...
thanks again:)

nta_xyz wrote:
do you have any source or document to help me know how i can implemented software stack!
Software stack is already implemented and called BitCloud. It is available form Atmel's site.

im back again:)
i read AVR2052_BitCloud_Quick_Start_Guide until page 38 but i have question:
in page 37 line 1 wrote :
Assemble top card with STK600 board.
but i only have(ATAVR128RFA1-EK1)
http://store.atmel.com/PartDetai...
and i do not have(Atmel STK600 (ATSTK600))
http://store.atmel.com/PartDetai...
please help me what can i do?:(
may i can use this without stk600?:)

nta_xyz wrote:
may i can use this without stk600?:)
Sure! Look around the forum, there is a thread somewhere here with photos of top card running standalone. All what you need to do is to provide 3.3v of power and JTAG/ISP header. There is no single dedicated JTAG/ISP header on the board, so it will be a mess of wires instead of a single connector, but it should work.

really thanks for guide me alexru:)

but i can not find that thread in forum please give me link of that:)......

thanks again my friend:)..

nta_xyz wrote:
but i can not find that thread in forum please give me link of that:)......
I can't find it either right now. But there is not much to it, connect power and JTAG/IPS pins and you good to go.

on the STK600 any where with i/o port pins there are 2 bottom pins that are labeled GND & VTG. VTG is the 3.3v to power your EK1 board. Connect with the cable provided in the STK600. On the EK! you'll need to look up on the reference shematic to find the power pin. It is also on those i/o header pins but unmarked on the board.

Quote:

VTG is the 3.3v to power your EK1 board

Be warned it is 5.0V by default. You have to program it to be 3.3V - don't inadvertently connect 5V to something expecting 3V!

Good point Clawson

one of the first step in the setup section of the quick start already said to set vtg to 3.3v for the RFA1 chip. nta_xyz has done that already.

im back:)tnx for answers:)....
my question is:can i programm atmega128rfa1 with stk200/300 or avr910?!!! if yes how?thanks a lot:)

i want to connect atmega128rfa1 with max232 to rs232..rs232 is 5v but mega128rfa is 3.3 v is there any problem?! how can i fix this?tnx again

nta_xyz wrote:
i want to connect atmega128rfa1 with max232 to rs232..rs232 is 5v but mega128rfa is 3.3 v is there any problem?! how can i fix this?tnx again
Why not use proper chip? There are versions of max232 that work with 3.3v signals.

i can not find max3232 in my city!!:( do you have not any idea?:)tnx