SAMV71 and WM8904 codec

Go To Last Post
7 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello,

I am trying to get SAMV71 working with WM8904. I can see that the mic input signal is going into the WM8904 but no audio output is coming out. My circuit between the two is same as the SAMV71 Xplained ultra development board. So how shall I solve this problem?

Last Edited: Wed. Mar 27, 2019 - 10:36 AM

Could some one point out ways to debug this? Today when I connected the codec output to amplifier IC PAM8403 there was a very low volume garbled output. So why is the WM8904 not giving enough volume clean output? Please help me out here..

The same code works on the SAMV71 Xplained ultra board but when I run that code on my SAMV71 board there is lot of distortion at the output of the CODEC and I cannot hear my voice. The codec is getting successfully initialize as no fault is being raised and I am able to set the volume on HPOUTL and HPOUTR but the output has lot of distortion. So where could the hardware be going wrong?

Here are the input and output graphs of the codec. The output looks and sounds distorted.

Can someone provide their input on this please....?

LRCLK graph calculated as 43.8khz

BCLK graph calculated as 1.3 Mhz

MCLK graph calculated as 62.5Khz

Last Edited: Mon. Apr 1, 2019 - 03:09 PM

What I observed is that the TF/BCLK (Serial Synchronous Controller) Transmit clock frequency of SAMV71 on my PCB is half that of the SAMV71 Xplained ultra board which is causing this error. So why is the TF signal slow on my PCB? Can some one help me debug this?