RF Tx: what is better design by module(tx433) or using trani

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

i want to design a remote control for a device, i have seen most commercial transmitter for 433MHz designed with transistors and the Modules are not used....

i want my remote to have a good battery life as well as range (equal to commercial transmitter provided with gate openers etc) . plz guide me how should i start? with module or transistors?, if transistors plz if u can share the resources it would be great, and if with modules which module would be great to work with, i am going to buy them from china

For simple gate control applications, on-off keying (OOK) is often used for lowest cost devices. The transmitter part takes little or no power when it is off, and the transmitter is simple. You can probably make one with a few transistors, resistors, capacitors, inductors, and a SAW resonator. However, it i not trivial. Unless you have access to a really high bandwidth oscilloscope and a spectrum analyzer, I would not recommend making your own from "scratch".

There are a number of "transmitter ICs" that simplify things. Then, it becomes mostly an issue of connecting a few peripheral components, doing the antenna matching, and the digital modulation sequence.

No module recommendations. There are many out there, and are often quite similar.

Jim

Jim Wagner Oregon Research Electronics, Consulting Div. Tangent, OR, USA http://www.orelectronics.net

it depends on what "trani" you use.