Author
Total votes: 0

lundstrj,

About the project you posted today, you must have missed this message
presented on the New/Add Project page, where you entered your details:

Quote:
Add project
1. Project details

Please do not submit unfinished projects!
The Academy Projects area is a place to share your completed projects with others.
Suggest deleting this project and reposting it after it has been completed and tested.
Complete code and schematics are expected.

Stan

I'm not sure I understand. This isn't the academic projects area. And this project isn't completed. It's only just beginning. We need help, so that we can complete it. I did read that note, and thats why I chose the AVR32 forum instead of the academic projects area.

Please, if I'm mistaken, explain how in further detail.

Would it be okey if I reposted this and didn't mention anything about a project? Then it would just be an ordinary question, however I really don't see how that would make any difference.

Johan

Johan,

The Projects section of AVR Freaks is for completed projects, to share code and information with other members.

The AVRfreaks Academy forum is for discussion about user Projects. The rules get very murky for AVRfreaks Academy
forum postings, as the New/Add Project page in it entirety states:

Quote:
Add project
1. Project details

Please do not submit unfinished projects! The Academy Projects area is a place to share your completed projects with others.
If you have a project in progress, or a project looking for contributors, please post a thread in the Academy Forum to gain
feedback. Once your masterpiece is complete, of course, we would love to see it here in the Academy Projects section.

This New/Add Project page message is under the control of the AVR Freaks Admins.

Then there is the AVRfreaks Academy forum sticky posting: PLEASE READ - Posting Projects to the Academy
This posting is under the control of forum Moderators and states:

Quote:
If you have a project in progress, or a project looking for contributors, please post a thread in the AVR Forum to gain feedback.
The wording "please post a thread in the AVR Forum to gain feedback" implies that the AVRfreaks Academy forum should not be
used for discussing of projects in development prior to Project posting - that the AVR Forum should be used.

There has been much discussion about these conflicting messages in the past five months, resulting in nothing being changed.

To me, the obvious place to discuss your project is right here in the AVR32 forum.

Suggest deleting your project post "Commercial Detection for TV" and rename the title of this thread to "Project Post Discussion"
or something, and copy your original post to a new topic titled "Sample a video signal with ATSTK1000" - a clean restart.

Stan

Thanks Stan, somehow it actually is clearer now. I realize this isn't your fault, but I'm just that kind of person who has a hard time accepting rules, which makes no sense.

I'm fairly convinced that this is complete madness. Bare with me now, but how is it different if I repost this with a new title and without all the background information?

Okay, so I guess it's different, but in a bad way.

I'll wait for you guys to get a chance to answer, and then I'll delete it in the morning (in like 10 hours) so that everybody is happy.

Johan

I'm just suggesting you repost your topic to be rid of all this baggage, this message and the four previous messages,
which detract from the desired technical discussion.

Stan

Good morning,

It appears I have some difficulties deleting this thread, but I'll repost anyways and ask a moderator to delete it for me.

Johan

I sense some misunderstanding here...

lundstrj, your original post to the AVR32 Forum was fine as far as I can tell. What sbennet seems to be complaining about is that you submitted a project to the Projects section of this site that didn't actually have any code or schematics associated with it. This is against the rules of the Projects section (not this forum) because having lots of unfinished projects around decreases the signal-to-noise ratio of the project database.

Now that the topic has been split, I suggest that we continue the technical discussion in the original thread and any (off-topic) discussion about project submission policy here.

I believe you sense the truth. I thought that project post never was completed, since I aborted somewhere in the middle of making it, because of that I couldn't fill in anything.

Then I didn't understand the difference between what you refer to as area and forum. But I've deleted the project, and apparently there is a fresh thread with my original post in the AVR32 forum. So, I'll see you there.

ok, so what do you wish to do?

I'm design avr32 hardware, and have a good software background in set tops, and video apps