Q about adding mega325 to AvarICE

Go To Last Post
8 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I want to add mega325 support to Avarice for use with gdb. Is it really as easy as simply believing the comments in jtag.h and pulling the corresponding stuff from the XML files from Atmel? Is there anything else I should know before I start down that path?

-dave

Gee... I guess it *is* really as easy as reading the comments and stuffing bytes in from the XML. Who wants the patch?

-dave

Can you post the patch back to the avarice project on SourceForge? That way we can roll it back into the project and it will be available to the masses on the next release.

The path is going to Joerg later today. He will review it and check it it.

:) That's probably just as good, as Joerg would add the patch in anyway from the Patch Tracker.

is this public yet? using 2.6 and still getting:

> No configuration available for device ID: 9505

which is my 325 here.

pulled the most recent off of cvs, which i see in the changelog has 325 added? might've compiled it wrong?

thanks for any insight!

aha! got it compiled in os x.

new problem:

> Device is not supported by JTAG ICE mkI

is the solution $320 to digikey for the mkII?

if i'm less dependent on the debugging functions, any suggestion on a cheaper method of simply programming this chip? avrdude/uisp don't support it i believe.

thanks.

Quote:
is the solution $320 to digikey for the mkII?

For just ISP programming it you could use either the STK500 or the Dragon. For the moment you can even get a free STK500 when you buy a Dragon ($49 at Digikey, item #AVRDEVKIT1-ND). For JTAG, the Dragon may work (it is supposed to handle devices up to 32k of flash, but I don't know if it has been added yet).

Regards,
Steve A.

The Board helps those that help themselves.