PSIF keyboard on ATSTK1006

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I am trying to enable my PS/2 keyboard on my ATSTK1006. I read on a previous post that the keyboard (but not mouse) would work without level shifting. I just want something where I can send keys to the QT demo apps.

Anyways, I follow everything in http://www.atmel.com/dyn/product... but I don't see anything in dmesg that would indicate that a psif driver is loading. "dmesg | grep psif" returns nothing.

I enable the following using make linux26-menuconfig
AT Keyboard
Virtual Terminal
PS/2 mouse
Mouse Interface
Event Interface
AVR32 PSIF PS/2 keyboard and mouse controller

I also add
at32_add_device_psif(0);
at32_add_device_psif(1);
to the atstk1002_init(void) function

my AP7000 chip is a rev C

I then run make again to rebuild the root.avr32.jffs2-boot filesystem and load it on the STK1006.

Any ideas?

Well there should be something in the dmesg logs, given there isn't I'd suggest you didn't correctly recompile the kernel. Simply running make again won't do it, buildroot is a little braindead and you need to tell it to recompile. Run "make linux26-force" before running "make".

Actually, running linux26-menuconfig should be enough to force this properly; maybe you're editing the wrong copy of the board code? Maybe you aren't transferring the new copy of uImage to your target board correctly? What other steps are you taking?

-S.

Keyboard _might_ work without level converters... I tested 10 keyboards, and a no-name branded keyboard did work with 3.3 V.

Hans-Christian