Prolific PL2303TA USB to Serial and Windows 11

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi everyone,

I'm using a clone programmer from the SKT500 Dev kit, which as far as I know uses the Prolific PL2303TA USB to Serial chip to communicate with the computer.

I still use it normally until the latest update of windows 11 is released.

This is the information after I plugged the programmer into the computer, does anyone have any ideas on how to use the Prolific PL2303TA USB to Serial driver again on windows 11?

<<PL2303TA DO NOT SUPPROT WINDOWS 11 OR LATER, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SUPPLIER>>

Screenshot

Thank you.

This topic has a solution.

Thang Q. Tran
-------------------------------------------------------
Company Name: RadSense Technology Co., Ltd.
Company Address: No 175/75, Street No. 2, Tang Nhon Phu B Ward, Thu Duc City, HCMC, Vietnam

Last Edited: Fri. Sep 24, 2021 - 08:00 AM
This reply has been marked as the solution. 

I found a temporary solution for myself, however I'm not sure if it's the best solution. Hope you guys have a better way.

I couldn't access the official website from Prolific (http://www.prolific.com.tw/), so I downloaded an older driver from here. This driver version is Windows WDF WHQL Driver v3.8.25.0 (December 7, 2018).

Then followed ThierryDAVROUX's instructions in his reply on August 16, 2015, which you can refer to here.

Now my computer has received the programmer's COM port and can do normal code loading. Hope everything is fine.

Thang Q. Tran
-------------------------------------------------------
Company Name: RadSense Technology Co., Ltd.
Company Address: No 175/75, Street No. 2, Tang Nhon Phu B Ward, Thu Duc City, HCMC, Vietnam

If it works, quit messing with it.....until it no longer works again.

Get a more recent adapter & keep out of update trouble (or at least move the ball forward).

When in the dark remember-the future looks brighter than ever.   I look forward to being able to predict the future!

Thank you!!!! Rick!!!!! That really helps.

avrcandies wrote:
If it works, quit messing with it...

Is that comment addressing Microsoft and their Windows-10 to Windows-11 update at all ?

Is that comment addressing Microsoft and their Windows-10 to Windows-11 update at all ?

Yes, with Windoz, if you get it to work, for the love of God, quit messing with it crying

When in the dark remember-the future looks brighter than ever.   I look forward to being able to predict the future!