Programming using ATTINY817-XMINI

Go To Last Post
8 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi!

Is it possible to program Attiny1614 using ATTINY817-XMINI? I turned off the Attiny817 chip on ATTINY817-XMINI and connected 10-pin Attiny1614 to PA0. Atmel Studio sees nothing ...

What do you mean by "sees nothing"?

If you switch off the "hide unsupported devices" option in Studio, you can select the ATtiny1614, for example in the programming dialog. Then try to read the device signature.

Also be sure to run the two boards at the same voltage with common ground.

parovoZZ wrote:

Hi!

Is it possible to program Attiny1614 using ATTINY817-XMINI? I turned off the Attiny817 chip on ATTINY817-XMINI and connected 10-pin Attiny1614 to PA0. Atmel Studio sees nothing ...

Well I suppose its possible if you connect the UPDI pin PA0 to UPDI pin in your XMINI. as @ mraardvark  said you need a common ground and you also need to connect the Vdd pin. having achieved this then theoritically its possible. please check the datasheet and schematics of the XMINI board so you dont make any shortcuts.

Regards

Do not doubt =) 30 years in electronics.

See attache.

MCU selection in AtmelStudio Attiny817 only.

But in the Attiny1614 review, the mEDBG programmer is specified.

Attachment(s): 

Tools/Options/Tools and set Hide incompatible devices to false

:: Morten

(yes, I work for Atmel, yes, I do this in my spare time, now stop sending PMs)

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Microchip’s positions, strategies, or opinions.

Total votes: 1

mraardvark wrote:
If you switch off the "hide unsupported devices" option in Studio, you can select the ATtiny1614,

Thank you friend!!!! WORK!

meolsen wrote:
Tools/Options/Tools and set Hide incompatible devices to false

Thank you friend!!!!

Hi!

I program Attiny1614 through ATTINY817-XMINI. Programmable but not verified. Debugger mode may "freeze" on any line. Attiny1614 is not supported by ATTINY817-XMINI? Microchip review:

The ATtiny817 Xplained Mini evaluation kit is a hardware platform for evaluating ATtiny817, ATtiny816, ATtiny814, and ATtiny417 microcontrollers.

What they mean is that those micros are all so similar that if you work 817 Xplained the knowledge you learn will also work for 816,814,417.