Program ATmega8535 with PonyProg

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Did anyone succeed to program an ATmega8335 with PonyProg V2.06? I can read the Flash, EEPROM and configuration bits. It is also possible to erase the device, write the EEPROM and the configuration bits, but I have not managed to write the flash yet (write error 21). I will now try to figure out the meaning of all the configuration bits, but if there is someone out there with an idea, please let me know.

Regards,
Jörg.

I just managed to write the ATmega8535 by setting the controller type in PonyProg to 'ATmega8' and 'ignore' the following error message. This is not nice, but at least it works for the moment.

Regards,
Jörg.

I tried to use PonyProg about 6 months ago. Don't know if it was me or it, probably both, but it would not work. The programmer built into CVAVR works fine and I didnot need an external programmer to program Olimex PCB's via the parallel port.
Mike

admin's test signature

The latest version of pony prog is said to support the atmega8515. So, if anyone tries it, please let me know.

George

You should try at least version 2.6b beta to support atmega8515. It works, but gives an write error on the 90s8515 (therefore progamming is ok).

Andreas

admin's test signature