Problem with ICE200 and AVR Studio 3.22

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

When I run program in ICE200 emulator, AVR Studio displays wrong frequency of crystal (for exampole: crystal 10 MHz AVR Studio Display 9.9MHz sometime 9.8MHz) Please help, if you know. Thanx

admin's test signature

Hi,
Could it be that the crystal is off? have you tried a new crystal and seen what happens. It's off by so little it makes me wonder if it's the crysal or the capacitors being the wrong value.
Good Luck!

I try different crystals, for 10MHz AVR studio display and calculate with 9.9, at one moment 5.9
with 8MHz crystal display 7.9MHz, with 2MHz crystal display right value 2.0 MHz. I have Win98SE Celeron400MHz 128MB. I do not find what I make wrong. :-(

admin's test signature

You should NOT use the frequency measurement in AVRstudio as an accurate frequency counter. It is just an indication of which frequency you are running, not an accurate measurement. I have spoken with some in Atmel and was told that the measuring routines in ICE200 use a divider to divite the target frequency and then compare this divided frequency with the master clock of the ICE200. This is the 7,37MHz resonator seen on the ICE200 main board. Clearly trying to measure the frequency of an accurate crystal using a resonnator as reference (which is much less accurate regarding frequency than a qrystal)can not give a 100 percent accurate result.
But still it gives a good indication, right ? :-)

Kind regards
Bjorn

admin's test signature

Hmmm... I understand, but this is not good property.
Thanx very much.

Tomas

admin's test signature