Problem with EVK1101 USB Mass Storage example.

Go To Last Post
10 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello,

I ran this example on my EVK1101 and was getting jibberish in the HyperTerminal. I used 57600 baud rate, 8N1, no flow control. When I plug the EVK1101 into my USB port on my computer (for it to act as a device) the computer shows 3 mass storage devices. My ultimate goal with this example was to get a USB mass storage device plugged into the EVK1101 and execute read/write commands from the serial port.

I ran a USART example to make sure my serial port was working correctly. When running the USART example, everything worked and I was not getting jibberish.

Does anyone know why I am not able to get legible text on the serial port for the USB Mass Storage example?

Thanks.

Which software did you use?
One from the framework 1.5?

-sma

I downloaded AVR32 studio 2.3 and AVR32 GNU Toolchain 2.3.0. Is there a way to check the framework version?

These version includes SF v1.5 (the latest).
Which example did you use from it?

-sma

I used the "USB Mass Storage" example. I ran the USART SPI example to test if the USART was working correctly.

Maybe I'll reinstall everything and see what happens, sometimes that magically fixes stuff.

I re-installed the software and I'm getting this in the serial port on bootup (57600 8-N-1)

Quote:
ažþžøžøžf<<`?f<`<怘€ažþžøžøžf<<`?f<`<怘€

I tried running the USB HID example today (with no RTOS). I first tried using the example with the microcontroller being a USB device. That worked and my mouse was scrolling across the screen with the use of the accelerometer.

When I tried plugging in a mouse to the microcontroller, I did not get an ASCII mouse on the hyperterminal. I know the hyperterminal settings are correct because I also tried the "USB enumeration" example and got legible text from the hyperterminal.

Has anyone else had problems with the microcontroller as a host and using the serial port? I edited the conf_access.h and conf_usb.h files to make the microcontroller act as only a host, and that did not work.

Thanks.

farmosh203 wrote:
I re-installed the software and I'm getting this in the serial port on bootup (57600 8-N-1)

Quote:
ažþžøžøžf<<`?f<`<怘€ažþžøžøžf<<`?f<`<怘€

I have your same problem. Also the string that I get on the serial port is the same. Have you found some solution? Thanks

Just to cover the basics -- is your custom app making use of the external oscillator? 'Cause if you're not it could explain what you're seeing...

Elect reputable scientists!

Hi

I knwo this is an old thread but i'm getting exactly the same error.

¿Did anyone find a solution?

Thanks