Problem with CAN128 plugin

Go To Last Post
8 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi everyone

I have an error in the CAN128 plugin when AVR Studio starts, as you can see in the attached file. I have unistalled and then reinstalled again the plugin, with no success.

The system is Windows 2000 Professional SP4 + AVR Studio 4.12 build 460 + AT90CAN128/64/32 plugin 1.0.6.

What can I do to solve the problem?

Many thanks.

Have a nice day

Pippo

Hi everyone

Sorry for the missing file

Have a nice day

Pippo

Hi again

It seems that I cannot upload any file. Below there is the OCR of the error screenshot of the message view window in AVR Studio at load time.

SimPlugin Class: Error getting plugin-settings
Ice50Plugin Class: Error getting pIugin-settings
Loaded plugin AVR LCD Visualizer
CanlnGui Class: Error getting plugin-settings
Loaded plugin STK500
TrafficGui Class: Error getting plugin-settings
gcc plug-in: Found avr-gcc at C:\WinAVRin\avr-gcc.exe
gcc plug-in: Found make at C:\WinAVR\utils\bin\make.exe

Have a nice day

Pippo

Just in case you havn't notiched
The plugin only works with the CAN devices, It must be uninstalled when you work with the other non CAN processors.

Erik

Thanks Eric,

I know it, but the error is at loading time, on opening AVR Studio, no project is already opened.

Have a nice day

Pippo

Maybe you should try this. I have had the same problem. Studio exited with an error at the end of the load sequence.

I asked Atmel, and Tore gave me this advice, which worked for me. When you uninstall say it should not keep settings.

Quote:

Unless you've already done so, maybe you could try uninstalling AVR Studio, ensure c:\program files\atmel is gone, remove all registry entries from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Atmel and install the latest version.

If you don't have a regedit (registry editor), find a free regedit with google from a serious company, some have trial versions adequate for the job.

Good luck

Erik

Many thanks, Eric

Unistalling everything and reinstalling again seems to be the solution. Another question: maybe it is not necessary unistalling the CAN128 plugin to work with other processors, it seems that disabling it from the plugin manager, everything works ok, is this true? Can Tore confirm it?

Have a nice day

Pippo

pippo wrote:

maybe it is not necessary unistalling the CAN128 plugin to work with other processors, it seems that disabling it from the plugin manager, everything works ok, is this true? Can Tore confirm it?

This seems to work for me too.

Erik