Playing with the new tinyAVR 1-series

Go To Last Post
61 posts / 0 new

Pages

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

gchapman wrote:
GreenPAK | Dialog Semiconductor

Interesting alternative.
Realistically, a hobbyist will use a second and third AVR here rather. A controller that you can already program (and solder!). A universal usable Tiny1614 does not need much place :)

Last Edited: Mon. Mar 25, 2019 - 05:15 PM
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

GermanFranz wrote:
gchapman wrote:
GreenPAK | Dialog Semiconductor
Interesting alternative. Realistically, a hobbyist will use a second and third AVR here rather. A controller that you can already program (and solder!). A Tiny1614 does not need much place...

 

I really cannot follow your points and what you would like to prove. does this imply that some microcontrollers from MC /Atmel..or whatever cannot be soldered or programmed. How did you came to this conclusion ?? can you state some microcontrollers that is impossible to program ? or to solder..i am really interested to know?

 

EDIT: the quote was before GermanFranz edited his points 3 times.

Last Edited: Mon. Mar 25, 2019 - 05:17 PM
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Hi Moe123, have look first the GreenPak features.
Then you can answer question why AVR hobbyist should invest time and money in this other technology if you can use a modern universal AVR instead- a technology that is already known and in use (and easily solderable compared to GreenPak!)

Last Edited: Mon. Mar 25, 2019 - 05:51 PM
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

A hobbyist would use a dev kit and not a single uC. if you are already designing your owb PCB then you are a little bit step ahead from being a hobbyist.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Well, related to modern AVR controllers there is no big difference between devkit and single chip. A Tiny1614 normally only need power and a 3 Pin UPDI Connector... Any hobbyist can do that easily if he can solder.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

GermanFranz wrote:
Well, related to modern AVR controllers there is no big difference between devkit and single chip. A Tiny1614 normally only need power and a 3 Pin UPDI Connector... Any hobbyist can do that easily if he can solder.

 

If you did that I bet if the chip going to work, decoupling capacitor...LDO(if needed), and more other stuff, here is a start:

 

http://ww1.microchip.com/downloa...

 

and a lot more consideration. not to mention that noise will make the chip almost not functioning. so as I said before, if you are already designing your HW and get it to work then this is something else..

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

Moe123 wrote:
If you did that I bet if the chip going to work, decoupling capacitor

Don't worry Moe123. There is no need to bet because it works. Ok, a capacitor does not hurt. But that's just as much easy to the hobbyist as choosing the right operating voltage ๐Ÿ‘

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

GermanFranz wrote:
Moe123 wrote:
If you did that I bet if the chip going to work, decoupling capacitor
Don't worry Moe123. There is no need to bet because it works. Ok, a capacitor does not hurt. But that's just as much easy to the hobbyist as choosing the right operating voltage ๐Ÿ‘

 

 

well, if it works for you like this: single mcu, connect updi pin GND and right operating voltage then you should open a company immediately and start making some money. yes

 

 

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 1

It's not worth it. Too many can do that ๐Ÿ˜€
The hardware is simple. Programming is the bigger challenge.

Last Edited: Wed. Mar 27, 2019 - 04:36 PM
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total votes: 0

GermanFranz wrote:
It's not worth it. Too many can do that ๐Ÿ˜€
The hardware is simple. Programming is the bigger challenge.

 

Herr Franz!! you nailed it! perfect!!

Pages