Parralelling L293

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi,

Can I connect a few L293B chips in parrallel, litterally, pin to pin, cause I need a bit more current than one can give me and the board's already done?

Thanks,

David

There are pointy haired bald people.
Time flies when you have a bad prescaler selected.

Daqq,
I looked at the datasheet and it does look possible. But in my experience if you are looking for serious current requirements or in need of board space then go for a bridge driver that has the nuts to do it all in one package.

Jim

I would rather attempt something great and fail, than attempt nothing and succeed - Fortune Cookie

"The critical shortage here is not stuff, but time." - Johan Ekdahl

"Step N is required before you can do step N+1!" - ka7ehk

"If you want a career with a known path - become an undertaker. Dead people don't sue!" - Kartman

"Why is there a "Highway to Hell" and only a "Stairway to Heaven"? A prediction of the expected traffic load?"  - Lee "theusch"

Speak sweetly. It makes your words easier to digest when at a later date you have to eat them ;-)  - Source Unknown

Please Read: Code-of-Conduct

Atmel Studio6.2/AS7, DipTrace, Quartus, MPLAB, RSLogix user

Why not L298D? More current, heatsink, popular, but probably expensive.

Guillem.
"Common sense is the least common of the senses" Anonymous.

The board has already been done for a L293. The L293 *SHOULD* suffice, but I'm asking this in case I underestimated the motors.

IIRC, SN754410 is pin compatible with L293, probably cheaper (at least the offers that I had), and, if my memory serves me well, it has some improvements inside that include better protections against underestimated loads.

Guillem.
"Common sense is the least common of the senses" Anonymous.

Neither of my parts distributors have that chip in their catalogs. :-(

For now, the system works OK, no problems so far, I'll see when I apply the full voltage if the bridge explodes :-D